Which unit vs units

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by bluesome, Mar 22, 2023.

1. bluesome

bluesome Champion

I'd like to read more about which type of unite it's better vs a particular unit (speramen vs chavalry and so on). In certain quests, I can't choice the right unit to spam against enemies.
    I remember in Age of Empires 3 a paper guide to units effective against any unit.

2. Loading...

3. bluesome

bluesome Champion

No one can help me linking a guide/list of units? I read any good guide but i'd like to have a synthetic list, non only comparative one.

4. Donar

Donar Berserker

Not sure about a list, but you can orient on the attack bonus multiplier. Of course not every units have it. Like champion have massive infantry armor and overall good stats make him good vs Infantry. I may write down a list with my own opinion if you really need a list!

bluesome likes this.
  5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Probably not as quick, but if you look at the tech tree you can mouse over each unit to see what they have a bonus against and what armor they have as a base too. The actual multiplier strengths are different between PvP and PvE but the counters are all the same.

Top left button lets you bring up the civ list to swap from Greek, etc btw.

The short(ish) version is probably:
    Speaman beats cavalry, swordsman (and axeman and Persian immortal) beats infantry, melee cavalry other than lancers beat either cavalry or ranged depending on which one they are (eques does both, OP!), bowmen beat infantry, javelin throwers beat ranged, mounted archers beat cavalry, chariots deal a lot of damage don't really counter anything, elephants beat buildings and unmounted units other than spearmen, lategame infantry are either area damage that beat everything if it gets close (Celt champions and Norse berserkers) or are a super mobile ranged counter (Celt woad raiders and Norse ulfhedinns), siege is good against buildings but the ranged ones are often good vs unmounted armies as well

also firefox wants to translate ulfhedinn to mujahedin lmfao

#4 Ardeshir, Mar 24, 2023 at 3:22 PM
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2023
    bluesome and Donar like this.
  6. bluesome

bluesome Champion

Thank you very much, I appreciated your answers!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice