I haven't played in a while and really want to come back, but...

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by gryp, Nov 14, 2021.

1. gryp

gryp Villager

I have been away for more than a year now and really want to pick up the game again. Last time I played I had a dedicated coop partner with whom I managed to do pretty much all legendary quests even if they were pretty challenging even when playing in coop, but now I am kind of worried about being unable to do any of the high level content solo and hitting a brick wall. Has anything changed in the last year or so? Will I be able to progress solo or is this game supposed to be played strictly in coop?

2. Loading...

3. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

I'm not sure when you stopped playing the game but we've introduced a star-difficulty system to the quests. Repeatable and Elite quests have a 1-star to 3-star difficulty rating, while Legendary and Champion Mode quests have 1-star to 5-star. While 4-star and 5-star quests are best played with a co-op partner, I'm pretty sure you can beat the 3-star ones and below with a little practice! ;)

4. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

As a player who plays almost exclusively solo, I can currently do all Event legendary quests solo, though I spend quite a bit more time then I desire on the 3 star quests (The first and last time I've solo'd Paint the Town Dead took an hour to do, and that was with downing 1 of the 4 AIs before they could even hit A2)

I've also managed to do Beorix Returns solo, but that took nearly 3 hours of game play.

Keep in mind that every soloable quest in the game has been done solo, but by players far more skilled then I am.

5. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

That one works fine with immortals and champions :)

6. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Yea, probably. I decided to see if I could rush out a Palin and hit the closest TC as A1 before it hits even A1. The answer to that is yes BUT it completely cripples your starting eco, and made getting out the door pretty tricky, though I only had to deal with spearman from 1 AI for quite some time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice