Challenge: Summa Fastest, Highest, Strongest

Discussion in 'PvE Tips & Tutorials' started by acbraith, May 13, 2021.

1. acbraith

acbraith Villager

https://ageofempiresonline.fandom.com/wiki/Challenge:_Summa_Fastest,_Highest,_Strongest

What's the right build order for this challenge? Closest I've got was 79 pop at the end :( but I haven't managed to replicate anything that close since.

I'm going for ~13vil age 2 into 2nd TC, then kind of randomly getting barracks up when I can and then try to just keep up vil and spear production. Do I just need to polish my execution a bit, or am I approaching this wrong?

2. Loading...

3. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

For the last of that series (believe it's 7 minutes 30 seconds to hit it), I go A2 once I have 6 vils on food, 2 on gold, 1 on stone (For the TC), and 3 on woodAfter hitting A2, I used the engineer to make 2nd TC as well as barracks/houses. Towards then end I believe I had 18 vils on gold, 20 on food, and roughly 12 or so on Wood. I had 3 barracks and 1 pratorium. Towards the end I also started burning excess food/wood on Engineers.

The key issue with this series is to ensure you have enough villagers to match output - You'll want production from EVERY building. As stated, I had essentlaly 6 buildings constantly churning out units - Villagers and Engineers from the TC, Legionarries from the Barracks due to their more even food/gold costs, as well as Decurions from Praetorium.

I finished the last one of the series with roughly 20 seconds to spare.

Keep in mind that this is one challenge in which gear will help significantly.

4. [BBA] Kog

[BBA] Kog Champion

I guess it can help

5. destroyerarcher

destroyerarcher Champion

Try using Slingers instead of Spearmen. Another thing I have considered is trying to get early praetoriums then train decurions a bit later.

6. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

I use Nannus and once I got up to age 2 I build a TC, a dock and a few fishing ships.

7. tapk

tapk Spearman

The main problem with this quest is that it gives you only a lvl 10 Telescopic Fruit Picker, but it demands you to be lvl 40 full-legendary equipped civ. Honestly, it would be nice to have time extended to 8 mins or at least to see a working build on 15-20 lvl civ max.

8. destroyerarcher

destroyerarcher Champion

You actually can get very close to beating the quest with (nearly) no milestones, and no gear, and no advisors. I know I did the quest at level 14.

9. tapk

tapk Spearman

What build did you use?
    UPD: I did it! With slingers. From 15th try)

#8 tapk, Jun 13, 2021 at 7:29 AM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  10. destroyerarcher

destroyerarcher Champion

I followed fast 2nd tc, then started spamming balearic slingers. Avoid the cost reduction upgrade. Keep pumping out villagers but make engineers when you need to build stuff faster.

11. tapk

tapk Spearman

Exactly the thing i did) Fast 2nd TC was the key, first you need it, then 3 auxilla camps. And i had to be careful with houses, even one production stop because of house shortage is critical.
    I have Zephyros and Timon, a lot of tweaks in milestones and some gear on villagers and in TC and auxillas, and still i finished with 6 seconds left.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice