Legendary Quests Cooldown

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by gamevideo113, Apr 3, 2021.

?

What do you think of the 12 days cooldown?

1. It's excessive, I don't get to play the quests that i like as much as i'd like to

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  2. It's fine, I never find myself running out of quests to play and i don't mind to wait

11 vote(s)
    35.5%
  1. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

But, yes, part of the justification for a guaranteed leg chest is the 12 day cooldown. We can move things around, but the rewards are a function of both the difficulty of a quest and its cooldown. If we adjust one side of the equation, we need to adjust the other side of the equation, too.

#21 Andy P XIII, Apr 5, 2021 at 3:53 PM
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  2. MsMuffins

MsMuffins Champion

I agree with people above in general too, 12 days quests though quite long are ok, its really only a small percentage of players that could even do all 12 days quests on cooldown. 6 days I used to think was long but is also fine now that we have 12 days versions. Though I understand trying to stop inflation and tackling issues with game economy which is not really my forte.

I have a idea though, what if we have a system in place that can give players the option to buff existing quests for higher reward and difficulty, but also increasing cooldown. So for example we take mad medo and in a buffed version everything goes up, maybe up to 4 star?, and up to 6 days cooldown?.

Ofcourse I understand this could be alot of work to do, as it basically means to alot of quests and make a like *elite* version of it, or could change name to mythical version. But the Elite principal being the idea behind it. I think this way people could still play quests they enjoy which otherwise are not worth anymore or too boring. Depends on the player.

Though I'm not sure how this will affect economy system, but would a nice quality of life change possibly. But again the main argument against this is it will take a considerable amount of reworking of quests and you guys already do a amazing job and this would be alot of time spent to do.

(Also I plan to make a new topic soon about my lmcg, going to ask the community to give their views on everything legendary related. Which will kind of include this. I will use that topic to help update my guide.)

3. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Allow me to invite you to the flipside of the issue.

You have added so many new quests to the game, and have given players so much new diversity to the quests they can choose to play.
    Prior to this new massive addition of quests, players would play their 6 day quests to get the best rewards, then move on to the others until the 6 days became available again.
    Now, with your added quests, there are enough 6 day quests that give the games highest reward output, players simply play the easiest 6 day quests with the games highest rewards, and there are enough of them for players to only play, and grind 6 day quests.
    You created this issue by adding more and more quests.
    You would also like to introduce a new tier of difficulty level quests to keep the games highest skilled players challenged, and would like them to be rewarded very well for their completion, but you would like to avoid repeating what you did with the 6 days repeatables. Keep in mind, the plan is this new tier of difficult level quests with even higher rewards is going to grow.
    How would you handle this?

MsMuffins likes this.
  4. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Here are the options for Valley of Kings' rewards that our existing system provides. If there's lots of support to move from a 12 day cooldown to 6 days or 12 hours, we can certainly discuss that. We could implement any of these three options without having to go back and adjust our entire rewards system. It would be easy enough to get it in next patch, assuming everyone was OK with it, including the other Devs.

Otherwise, I'd be willing to discuss with the smarter devs how difficult it would be to create some kind of system where players could spend Coins and/or Empire Points to take a quest out of an existing cooldown. However, before I go down that road and have those discussions, I think we should first confirm that players would even be interested in paying the kind of prices we would need to charge in order to do that. I haven't thought this through so I don't know exactly what we would need to charge to remove a cooldown, but my gut tells me that as VoK awards 20k coins, we would need to charge at least something more than 20k coins -- perhaps 25k or 30k coins.

I would be surprised to learn that players would pay that much to play VoK again, because that would significantly nerf its rewards, and I believe one of the most compelling reasons people play VoK is its rewards. But certainly if people would pay that much to play, I'd be interested in exploring this concept further.

MsMuffins likes this.
  5. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I believe that implementing this would require a huge amount of work under the hood and wouldn't be something we could easily do. It sounds like it would require a massive rehaul of the way the quests are set up.

MsMuffins likes this.
  6. MsMuffins

MsMuffins Champion

I agree completely, I'm aware this would be a ridiculous workload, I think though if this was even to be implemented at all, I would just do a small selection of quests to try improving, like say afew 1 stars quests?, but yeh I definitely don't wish to make you guys do more work especially when its not paid work.

A very difficult question and i understand this is perhaps the way you guys see this, from my perspective its rather vague and didnt think that far ahead haha.

True we already have so many quests and additionally even if that system implemented it would just add to ways people would take advantage of time/reward efficiency.

Additionally I should have made this clear I think 1-3 star quests would be buffed, theres no real reason to buff 4-5 star quests further when they are already quite difficult for most and only a certain few very skilled players would even think of playing a buffed vok for example. So speaking theoretically only would affect 1-3 star quests, and as I mentioned earlier, perhaps only select afew or even just 1 single quest to make a buffed version and test the waters to see if this system would even work.

Kind of like a trial run I guess?, this is what I would do I think in regards to this system, baby steps rather than going all the way and revamping everything, which as Andy mentioned would just be unreasonable to do. Especially since 1 Would players even want this? 2 Would the devs even want this?, 3 Is it realistic to do?, these are more rhetorical questions. So in conclusion original idea is too much, but small steps could work?

Yup definitely agree on that part whether players would even be interested in first place, I wouldnt wish personally to see quests get nerfed more, but thats just me, I think to combat inflation quest rewards are reasonable currently, I'm not sure, and again economy situation is probably hard for me to say anything on. Though seeing all the inflated prices for stuff is just crazy, Im poor with 1.5 m gold, single items cost so much.

Long post :')

Andy P XIII likes this.
  7. RekiemOne

RekiemOne Champion

This solution would suit end game and Top PVE players more than others, the guarantee leg chest make most of players do the quest imo. Because if there is no guaranted leg they would rather spend their time elsewhere, where top players aim for diffuculty and fun on 5*. As I said before I am not sure to be with or against a change of cooldowns. It's frustrating sometimes but with the growing number of quests and 5* ones too it might be more than enough. I would rather wait and see if this issue persist after the Roman rush and Rome's leg rush.

#27 RekiemOne, Apr 5, 2021 at 7:07 PM
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Andy P XIII and gamevideo113 like this.
  8. gamevideo113

gamevideo113 Champion

I need more time to think about this. I definitely do not feel comfortable with getting the rewards for the hard quests nerfed for everybody. Since there doesn't seem to be any other acceptable alternative, for now it's better to leave things as they are.

Geese likes this.
  9. Geese

Geese Berserker

Yeah I agree with this.

It would be selfish to nerf the rewards for the quests just to appease a few people, even though I'm on the 6d boat.

I personally wouldn't mind spending gold unlocking a CD. It can be like Quest gold x 1.5 as Andy mentioned above. Something reasonable in that realm and I'd blow through my coin like an oil rig worker on a bender in Vegas.

10. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

Well,

I think for some obscure technical reasons,

This is actually real human players that has to play as AI for the five stars quests.
    That's why the cooldown is 12 days.
    Please let them a chance to have some rest.

MsMuffins, Andy P XIII and Geese like this.
  11. Geese

Geese Berserker

Quick he knows too much, we must silence him.

RekiemOne likes this.
  12. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

If there was a checkbox when starting a quest to chose the cooldown and get the reward corresponding to its star rating for this cooldown, I would probably alway chose the highest cooldown.

13. Daeveren

Daeveren Long Swordsman

This would be so good, have the player chose between several difficulty levels, with the rewards and cooldown scaling accordingly. Just like the normal/elite quest toggle works, but have more difficulty levels. Give the non-hardcore players a chance to do these new quests too, those players who cannot solo legendaries. It feels like the player who is only playing one civ is being completely left out of these new legendary quests.

14. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

Note that my opinion in that quote was only concerning hypothetical cooldown selection, not difficulty selection.
    I actually love that to fully see a map you have to beat it as it is.
    I think there's plenty enough of different difficulty maps to sharpen your theet in.
    Anyways, 12 days cd seems to be off the table, so this thread did it's purpose.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice