Loot Drop Rates??

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Damiangage, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Aman

Aman Woad Raider

Oh well, serious topic being derailed.. and a very important information buried... sad :(

Before this thread jumps a shark, I'd like to ask some clarity moving onward regarding the issue and whether it is identified and resolved - it is serious, and affects nearly everyone.

2. KazMx

KazMx Long Swordsman

I don't necessarily find the drop rates are bad in terms of legendary or rare, the thing that annoys me its the other end of the spectrum... the trash.
    I just came here to make a point... do not be afraid of messing up with the original designs. You do have to remember that the spirit back then was to extract money out of players, a very different one that you have in hands.
    You also have to take into account that the sheer amount of quests right now divide the levelling up players so finding coop partners for non end game quests is hard to virtually impossible. Consider eliminating or "retire" original quests.

3. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

This is a very odd request ...quest variety is great for the game. Doesn't make sense to force everyone into playing a limited number of quests when you can simply decide with your friends which quest line to level up with.

MainMan B likes this.
  4. Evellyn

Evellyn Long Swordsman

Terms of drop rates ain't that bad indeed, what's bad is the rate of X or Y item that apparently "never" drops and are almost non existent or absurdly expensive, the same way celeste items don't drop on the original game quests, old items shouldn't drop on at least I would say certain celeste quests, you may find yourself grinding the hardest quests in the game over and over for little reward, and that's kinda demoralizing and what I believe that leads lot of people to sometimes get frustrated or take breaks from the game for something I believe could be worked on.

Aman likes this.
  5. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If there is a problem with somthing that is preventing certain items from dropping correctly, the logical solution is to fix that, and restore those pieces to correctly drop. Not take a flamethrower to everything else. Oddly enough, it wouldn't fix the issue.
    Celeste items drop at highest chances in Celeste quests
    Original items drop at highest chances in original quests.
    Both can still drop in either.
    I appreciate everyone's passion to make sure an important part of the game is fixed, but sometimes you simply need a hammer to drive in a nail, not a bomb ;)

6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

There is somthing going on, clearly with certain items and drops. We are trying to identify what caused the issue and correct it. It is important, we do not have any details at this time, but are working hard to get it figured out.

#26 Jeinx, Jul 14, 2020 at 9:53 PM
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    MatrixSoft, Aman and Evellyn like this.
  7. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good news! The issue that caused problems with certain items and their drop rates has been identified, and solved! The fix will be applied next patch! It has been being worked on for a while, I just found out it was solved. I could have said this much earlier. :confused:
    We can all put away our flamethrowers and have the best of both worlds yay!!
    Word to the wise, I'd sell the first item that hasn't dropped in a while as soon as you get it. :D

#27 Jeinx, Jul 14, 2020 at 10:13 PM
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  8. KazMx

KazMx Long Swordsman

Yeah going from a personal POV here, I have found very difficult to convince my friends to try this over AoE2. Still new players arrive, amazingly for a fan-supported-almost-10y.o. game, by the day, and I'm betting most of them don't come with friends. And most of them wouldn't be making an informed decision by choosing Argos/Cyprus over any other 20+ content.

9. Evellyn

Evellyn Long Swordsman

Good stuffs tbh, appreciate y'all effort and work to improve things for us all, thanks, and tbh, thanks for all the answers and explanations and all Jeinx, appreciated.

Jeinx likes this.
  10. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

Geese and Jeinx like this.
  11. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

It is worth mentioning that while there has been a bug preventing certain items from dropping, that has not affected the overall number of legendary items that have dropped and did, in turn, increase the drop rate of the legs that did drop.

12. [BBA] Kog

[BBA] Kog Champion

Such a thread and I missed it :eek:

As I said months ago, just after Lodi has been added , there was a problem with loot table. The response was " It's all good, Moe is based on RNG you just are unlucky" . Now we moved on , and that is a really good news !! Thank again you guys rocks !

13. [BBA] Kog

[BBA] Kog Champion

Still have a question about this : 80% of my legendary loots are composed by

Heavy Spear of Sacrifice
    Light Spear of the King
    Blessed Food of Athens
    Heimdal's Training Sword

That's a solid 30 to 50 spears I have to vendor every 3/4 weeks because I assume this happen to others too so nobody want them. Are all legendary items equal in term of drop chance ? Or is it another bug caused by the "missing items" you just solved ?

bbgambini likes this.
  14. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Every Legendary item has the same chance of being dropped currently, yes.

Andy P XIII likes this.
  15. Faluzure

Faluzure Champion

Does this account for the dearth in Chimera armours noted of late?

16. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

You have to understand, there is "always a problem" with loot tables. So, when we first get a complaint, it is business as usual, nothing new thst players do not constantly tell us. In all fairness, at first glance we couldn't see the issue, so everything looked fine. Also, the Moes loot table was dropping things the other wasn't ;)
    But, I am glad we can put this behind us, sorry for inconviniences. I hear PF2K saying, as compensation all Summer event content will be free this year :p:D

17. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

In old game, certain items would drop exclusively in crete, certain advisors would drop exclusively in Crete or Skirmish. These items had been dropping erroneously in Celeste EVERYWHERE. Slowly, we have been restoring them back to their rightful places. You can now only get Skirmish hall advisors from skirmish hall, Connel advisor from Crete. Chimera Hide, was an exclusive crete drop back in the old game, snd has taken its place back as such. Happy hunting ;)

#37 Jeinx, Jul 15, 2020 at 3:12 PM
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  18. Faluzure

Faluzure Champion

To clarify, we havn't seen Chimera hide because it was off the loot tables. We will start to see it again, but only from Crete chests?

19. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

To clarify, Chimera hide was moved to the crete loot tables, and players were still expecting them from the normal one. It was never "off" loot table, just moved.

Faluzure likes this.
  20. Faluzure

Faluzure Champion

This might be a lot to ask, but would it be possible to post a list, or update https://search.projectceleste.com/ if there are items that are limited to their 'drop location' ?

Hawkster, KazMx, elassi and 1 other person like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice