By PF2K on Apr 21, 2020 at 9:25 AM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_TAOBC.png
    Hello there everyone! We are really excited to tell you that The Adventures of Brennos and Comontorios Quest Pack is finally upon us, available for everyone at Level 35+!

Help King Brennos and Warlord Comontorios fight the Helvetii and the Oxubii in all-new battlegrounds, who are being led by 4 valiant champions:

Meet_the_Champions.png
    • Donnotaurus is Orgetorix's most trusted Warrior, and his most skilled one, too! Undefeated in 1-on-1 combat, he challenges you to attack him at his base. Attack him only if you are sure you can defeat him, as his unmatched strength will make quick work of your army otherwise.
    • Divico, is the very first Helvetti commander you will see. Wielding an axe made of pure Gold, he lays waste to his enemies without mercy. Think twice before getting close to him, as his cleave attack will quickly send your Units to their demise.
    • Orgetorix is the local Helvetti king. The icy mountains have hardened him and his people and his two-handed Sword has slain many foes in the past, and now it thirsts for the blood of your army!
    • Conran is the champion of the Oxubii tribe. Wielding a huge Warhammer as his weapon of choice, he smashes anyone in his way to pieces with ease. If you attack him, make sure not to touch his hammer. He loves his hammer more than anything else in the world.
    We are excited to have our very first Quests on the Italy world map! But this is just the beginning. Soon we will have even more Quests on the Italy map!

Italy_Map.png
    As usual, there are a few Gear pieces being released alongside this Quest Pack.

This time around, we will have:
    • One item, awarded for beating every Legendary Quest at least once. (Much similar to Setredet's Sacrificial Arrows)
    • One Legendary item added to the Legendary loot pool
    • One Store-exclusive Epic item added to the Region Store, aimed to help players who have just reached level 40 and haven't started their Legendary questing just yet.
    New_Gear.png
    New_Store.png

How do I access the new content?
    ===============================
    How_to_Access.png
    QG1.png
    QG2.png
    We're also excited to tell you that Celtic Large and Small Bush Tubs are now available in Vanity Island! (Big thanks to @Chaos for creating these.)

New_Bush_Tubs.png
    We are very excited to be able to bring this new content to you guys. This pack has been through multiple tests by our team, but obviously there will be minor errors still left unfixed. If you find any of them, we would like you to kindly post about them in our Bug Reports section! We also want to hear your feedback on the general difficulty level of the Quests. You can give us your feedback either via our Discord Server or in the PvE General Discussion forums here.

As is tradition with every new Quest Pack, here is a list of Credits of all the people who worked on the new content:

TAOBC_Credits.png
    What do you think about the Quest Pack? Let us know in the comments below!

Thanks, and see you in the game!

Project Celeste Development Team

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    =========

As a quick reminder, HERE you can find the in-game rules. Good luck and have fun!

#1 PF2K, Apr 21, 2020 at 9:25 AM
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    AC/DC, DraCConiaN, Rataheavy and 18 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Apr 21, 2020.

1. t31os

t31os Berserker

Ask in chat for someone just to sit in to launch the quest then leave, you should be able to then just play solo. The coop requirement only creates a restriction on launching the quest, once it's started it'll still count if you complete it regardless of whether or not player two is still in the game.

2. Unknown Maniac

Unknown Maniac Berserker

Then what's the point of coop only? I hate the idea of restricting quests to coop. I would rather have some kind of warning like 'Beware, this quest is very difficult, coop highly advised!' and below that you choose to continue or you make up your mind and leave.

3. garyoakk

garyoakk Long Swordsman

Exactly,

4. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Not for these quests, unless your partner leaves AFTER bringing their hero to the designated area. I do wish that the quests are more designed around co-op in a way that's more than just difficulty, but it is what it is.

5. MainMan B

MainMan B Berserker

I have now played this pack for some time. And I'm sorry to say that I'm dissapointed. And ufortunately not just one factor. But several, whereof some is connected to quite big unbalance in favor of the computer ai, which seems to be worsened by every update.

Positive things:
      There seems to be a lot to do.
      Attention to detail is, as always impressive.
      Luckily you are able to Skip to co-op quests

Negative things:
      Only 2 quests in the beginning that doesn't need to played co-op (which I don't play for several reasons) And these two are not particulary interesting; and even on normal, the bonus option is not possible to acheive due to the constant spamming of overpowered computer ai units. (Which is one of the few things I REALLY hate about this game.

The rewards are way to low, considering how hard these quests are.

The balance is not good, unless you have all the CORRECT upgrades (not necessarily th most powerfull). That is not good, and simply ruins the feeling of playing an RTS. (This is mostly a general negative, which have been apparent since the first update to the game.

Some quests, even if they are simplistic (to simplistic) is so unreasonably hard that they are no fun to play, especially when considering the (to) low rewards.

And eventhough I have been quite negative about this pack, i still dont think it's bad, it just needs some adjustments, maybe even more difficulty options in some of the quests aka (standard -> elite->legandary), where the standard are more playable than now. I don't hope you take to much offence of this. This what I truly feel.

MatrixSoft and garyoakk like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice