By PF2K on Mar 7, 2020 at 12:33 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_DevUpdate_2020-03-07.png
    Hello there Celeste players!

We had a pretty big patch yesterday, and we are going over what's been added with it in this Blog. We would also like to show you some updates on some of the Roman Units.

Quick Play Menu
    ================

QuickPlay_UI_Showcase.png
    One of the most complex things in Age of Empires Online (particularly for new players) is all the various game modes in the game being spread out in different regions.

For most of us veterans knowing which game mode is located where isn't all that difficult, but for newer players, this can become really confusing really fast. The main purpose of this new interface is unifying all of those game modes into one, easily accessible menu so that you can access any game mode at any time, from any region.

How_to_find_QuickPlay_UI.png

PvP Combat Guide
    =================
    Header_-_PvPGuide.png
    We are glad to announce that the Official PvP Combat Guide is now available for all players to read, inside the game itself! You can read about this guide in full detail HERE.

New Sparta Exclusive Vanity Sets
    ==============================

Hades_Vanity_Set.png
    Heroic_Gallic_Vanity_Set.png
    PvE players aren't the only ones getting new goodies to play with in the upcoming patch! Soon you will be able to purchase two all new Vanity gear sets in Sparta (you can earn Sparta Points by playing PvP matches in Sparta - Winning or losing does not matter! You will still get Sparta Points regardless of winning or losing, so long as you play a normal game of PvP on the Ranked ladder). you can find these two new sets in the Spartan Special Store, in the same place that you can currently buy the Heroic Spartan Vanity set.

Remember, playing PvP games in Sparta does not require you to be leveled up or to have any kind of gear! All Ranked matches in Sparta are played in Champion Mode, where your level does not matter and Gear is only for visuals.

(PF2K's personal note: Big thanks to @Chaos for helping me turn these gears into in-game models. I wouldn't have been able to make it all happen without his help!)

The Hades Set is aimed mostly for players who have Legendary gear on their units, while the Heroic Gallic Set is most suitable for all of you golden gear lovers who have Epic gear on their units.

Capital City Vanity Item Currency Change
    =====================================

Vanity_Island_Stores.png
    As one of the most requested changes by our players, we have decided to change the currency in which Capital City Vanity Decorations are sold in Vanity Island.

The stores shown in the graphic above have had their items' pricing change from Empire Points to Coin.

(PF2K's Personal Note: Maybe it's time to hold a "Prettiest Capital City" contest?)

Complete Brazilian Portuguese Language Support
    ============================================

pt-BR_Support.png
    Thanks to @MatrixSoft 's outstanding efforts, we are very excited to tell you that starting from next patch, the entire game is going to be available in the Brazilian Portuguese language!

Changing the game's language to pt-BR is now available.

Legacy Launcher
    Beta Launcher

Skip Quest Button
    =================
    Have you reached level 40 on most (or all) of your civilizations? Are you tired of playing through the 12 Kingdoms questline for the 6th (and soon, 7th!) time in a row just to be able to play the Legendary Quests? Are you sitting on a huge bank of Empire Points and don't know what to do with it? We've got you covered!

Read the graphic below for complete details on how this mechanic is going to work.

Skip_Button_Explanation.png
    (Remember that this only works on Level 40 civilizations. This does not mean that if you have one Level 40 civilization, you can skip quests on your other non-level-40 civilizations.)

Quest Finetuning and Adjustments
    ================================
    Here at the Project Celeste team, one of our strongest beliefs is that whatever content gets added to the game has to be (at the very least) on par with existing content in the game. This includes going back and fixing previously released content that may have slipped through our fingers in the past and making sure that they are all up to our standards.

You can find the full Patch Notes HERE.

What's next?
    =============
    As you already know, the Adventures of Brennos and Comontorios Quest Pack is the next big thing that's coming up. But apart from that, we are also working on:
    • Standardizing the Reward System across the board, particularly for Legendary Quests
    • Creating sub-categories for Legendary Quests based on their difficulty, so players don't get the impression that every Legendary Quest is equally difficult (or equally easy!). This is mostly aimed to ease the process of going from a "Fresh Level 40" player to a "Seasoned Veteran Level 40".
    • Improving in-game tooltips and loading screens to ease the process of learning the game for new players (some adjustments have been made already, but the bulk is still in the works
    • Enhancing players' experience when playing PvP
    • Bahram's Lottery
    • Full Simplified Chinese Language support! (This one may take quite some time)
    • ... and more!
    As a quick update on the Roman civilization's progress:

We are pleased to show you the full Gear Sets of the Roman Decurion, Eques, and also the Legendary Gear Set of the Roman Scout. Check them out below!

Legendary_Roman_Scout.png
    Eques_Lineup.png
    Decurion_Lineup.png
    (PF2K's Personal Note: I'm going to be a bit busy with some real life obligations in the coming week, so next week's Blog may be delayed to by a couple of days, or maybe I'll skip one week. We'll see. Thank you for understanding.)
    You can also catch a quick overview of some of the patch's most notable changes here:

========
    Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!
    Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    Missed the Roman Civilization's announcement? Find out about it HERE.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

#1 PF2K, Mar 7, 2020 at 12:33 PM
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Developer Update 2020
    1. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Totombo

Totombo Spearman

WOW, this is hours and hours of happiness, thank you very much for the great work you are doing. You are the best! A million thanks

MatrixSoft, Andy P XIII and PF2K like this.
    2. RacketyPurse

RacketyPurse Champion

Each new package and updates inserted, does nothing but increase the desire and passion that I have and that we all have for this game, the best is yet to come Thanks for all you do ;)

3. ...ReignOfRagnarok

Exciting stuff! Keep up the good work! :)

MatrixSoft and Andy P XIII like this.
    4. MainMan B

MainMan B Berserker

Extremely nice, this. There 's something for everybody. Incredible work from your guys. I will donate as often as i can (economically). Because this is so fantastic :hearteyes::openmouth::smiley:

MatrixSoft and Andy P XIII like this.
    5. BlouBlou

BlouBlou Spearman

I am so amazed by the passion you guys put into this game.

Just seeing it revived was a dream come true for me.. but you didnt just revived it.. you improved it to a point where the quality of the content has reached a whole new level... You touch every aspect of the game, improves it and integrate the content carefully in a wish to keep the spirit of the original game.. Simply Amazing. Your dev model should be used as a blueprint by the gaming industry !

I am really thankful for your time and investment.
      Keep up the good work!

Question :

Quote:
      (PF2K's Personal Note: Maybe it's time to hold a "Prettiest Capital City" contest?)

Yes please! when is the contest? i am eager to show how much of a decoration nerd i am and meet fellow decoration addicts :D

aceloki, TheSpaniard and MatrixSoft like this.
    6. PedroAlmeida72

PedroAlmeida72 Woad Raider

One great addition to the game was the "Skip" possibility for some quests, so the players doesnt need to loose time making the same quests over and over again in the 6 different
      civilizations (7 in the near future when the romans are finally released). Although there is still a huge price to pay for (around 400 EPs) for each skipped quest. That is not a reasonable price in my opinion. I think it should be the maximum of 100 Eps, considering players will earn not more then 20 EPs for its conclusion and usually even less than that because we are not talking about Legendary quests. I understand that the objective of the dev team was to create this possibility for the Legendary players that simply want to unblock new legendaries on different civilizations. But i think this could be a great tool to make newcomers that already have some experience on this game (from the past) to continue playing it (because they could unblock legendaries fastest than usual (without having to spend uncountless hours of gameplay with regular quests they have already played many times). At least you guys could make it cheaper to skip the classic regular quests that we need to make to unblock the classic legendaries.
      Don't forget that newcomers won't have a lot of EPs to spend skipping quests...
      Keep up the good work! ;)

#7 PedroAlmeida72, Mar 9, 2020 at 11:31 PM
      Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
      SHIFENG, MatrixSoft and MainMan B like this.
    7. SHIFENG

SHIFENG Long Swordsman

Around 400 EPs for skip one quest is really really expensive,spend 250EPs to buy 3 Resources consumables will be better than this,thats not our original intention,isn't it:)

BOSAIF likes this.
    8. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

From what I heard in the discord chats, it is. People should not be skipping quests until they have done them a few times, have 5k EP, and can farm legendaries for breakfast.

Even Resource of the Empire still takes time, since many quests you don't start at Age 3. If you are good enough where you can do the quest quickly with Resource, you are good enough to do it almost just as quickly without Resource.

Andy P XIII likes this.
    9. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Yes. We priced quest skipping to be a good option for experienced players but not so cheap it would ever be strategic or otherwise worth the EP investment to skip. We want players to play quests.

MainMan B and Jeinx like this.
    10. TheSpaniard

TheSpaniard Berserker

Hello good people. Just encountered something this weekend that I think may be a bug related to Skip Quest... but if it was intentional, lemme know.

So on my level 40 Celt civ, I was going through my quest log and, largely as a way of just checking out the skip quest feature, I went through a bunch of quests and skipped them, including some in Northern Hold, Athens, Babylon, Tarsos, etc. I was in my capital city when I did this. I then went to Tarsos to actually turn in the quests and get the rewards.

However, I then logged out/quit the game before going to the other cities/quests. This was on Saturday. I went back in on Sunday, and my Empire Points were still gone/spent, but the quests were no longer able to be turned in (they were in my log as normal and not started, and the quest giver also was as if I had accepted the quest but not completed). I tried abandoning one and accepting it again, to no avail.

The weird thing was, the global quests that require completion of a full quest line (such as Northern Invasion) still showed the skipped quests as completed. So it was complete in the quest line, the empire points were still spent, but I couldn't turn in the quests and didn't get the rewards (and still had the active quests in my quest log).

Don't know if this was a result of simply logging out, or closing the game entirely, or if there is a time window to turn the quest in, or what.

Any ideas?

11. Hilton

Hilton Villager

First of all, thank you very much for bringing this game back.

Unfortunately I'm not able to open the game when I put it in Portuguese, here is the error message:

ax9RiAg.png

Need help

Thank you

12. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

13. Hilton

Hilton Villager

14. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

You need the new launcher to be able to use the Portuguese-Brazilian language setting. :)

Hilton likes this.
    15. Lucas Augusto Silva

As a brazilian I have to say: Thank you!

MatrixSoft and dmtheripper like this.
    16. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Speechless .... This community and all the "Celestials" just make my personal life better ... thank you
      stay virus free guys .. we cannot lose anyone

Andy P XIII likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice