Suggestions for more gameplay deepness

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cuicui13600, Aug 12, 2023.

1. Cuicui13600

Cuicui13600 Villager

First of all, I wanted to tell you that you're doing a fantastic job. I've had a lot of fun playing as the Romans. The mechanics are interesting, and the quests have been enriched. I really appreciate the direction and the courage to develop new things in this game. Thank you so much for all the hard work!

I'm not sure how far the mechanics can be taken and if it's possible to enhance them. Maybe a project celeste developer could tell me if it's feasible.

1. Attack and Defense Mechanics: Currently, each unit has a 100% chance of hitting an opposing unit. More realistic mechanics have been implemented in other games, like Total War. For example: Each unit could have attack and defense attributes. As a result, in melee combat, there would be a chance to dodge. For example: If a unit has a higher attack stat, it would have a better chance of hitting the unit in melee.

2. Shield Mechanics: Currently, the way shields work in Age of Empires is not very realistic. It just adds a general bonus. A system with a chance to block melee and projectile attacks would be more realistic. Additionally, it would be easier to differentiate between different types of shields (large shields for projectiles, small shields for melee).

3. Group Mechanics: The fact that certain units are grouped together with specific formations could be utilized. Some formations could be more defensive, offering bonuses based on that, while others could be more offensive.
    I understand that new mechanics would involve a change in gameplay, but it would add an extraordinary depth.

2. Loading...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice