Hello there Celeste players! We are back with another Developer Blog. This time, we will be showing you some of the things that we have added to the game in our most recent patches, alongside our future plans including a teaser for the Indian Civilization!
So without any further ado, let's get started, shall we?
Indian Civilization!Many of you have seen the April's Fool's Joke about the three new Indian, Hun and Phoenician civilizations, but this time, we are being serious!
The Indians are the 8th civilization to be added to Age of Empires Online.
We hope to be able to share more details with you soon, but for now, we can say:
- The Indians will be a Pro civilization, starting at level 20 (like the Persians, Babylonians and Norse)
- They will be a mid-game focused civilization, with heavy emphasis on technologies and upgrades that carry them in the lategame.
- The Indians bring a new style of upgrades to the game called "Choose-One Techs". These techs give you a choice between multiple upgrades that allow you to adapt based on your playstyle, and the map/matchup. You can only choose one upgrade from each set every game, so choose wisely!
- Alongside the Indians, there will be new Gaia animals added to the game, including Asian Wild Elephants, Tigers and Saltwater Crocodiles.
- The Indians will have their own Terrain Sets, Trees and more.
- The Indians will add a new Shared Region to the game, Pataliputra. (Similar to Tarsos, Northern Hold and Babylon)
- They will have multiple Elephant units. More details to follow later!
Party 2v2We are incredibly excited to tell you that you are finally able to play 2v2 Ranked Mode with a friend!
Invite your friend to your party, queue up on the ladder and have fun! Remember that we recently increased the Sparta Rewards by a lot, so don't miss out on those sweet new rewards. Find more details about the increased Sparta Rewards here.
Priest Conversion RNG reductionUntil today, the way Priests Convert Rate worked was that you would be able to convert your target (assuming there are no other factors such as convert resist gear are in play) at 0.5 to 1.0 of the displayed convert rate. So for example, a Priest with a convert rate of 10 would have a chance of converting its target anywhere between 5 to 10 seconds.
We have reduced the range of this RNG-based conversion time to 0.75 to 1.0 of the displayed convert rate. This will allow us to balance priests a bit more reliably.
New Decoration!Added to the Editor and Vanity Island are these new assets. You can buy the Persian Flagpoles and Balusters in Vanity Island.
New Recon Man ConsumablesA highly requested addition, the Recon Man consumable is now available for all civilizations. You can find them in your Capital City's General Stores (and similar General Stores).
All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.
Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!
Project Celeste Development Team
What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!
The Romans are here! Watch the Overview Trailer.
Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.
Read every Romans related blog HERE.
Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
By PF2K on May 2, 2021 at 6:38 PM
- Similar Threads - Developer Update 2021