Failure to launch co-op missions

Discussion in 'Connectivity' started by Lojza5, Sep 8, 2024.

1. Lojza5

Lojza5 Villager

Hi folks,

I'm at a bit of a loss with coop and would appreciate help, if possible.

For some reason, any time I try to launch a coop game, the mission fails to launch. I get the "Creating game" popup, however the mission itself never actually launches. After a while I get the "Failed to launch" message in my chat window.
    It does not matter what mission it is, neither whether I am the party leader or not.

Solo missions all work perfectly well, I did also try to test whether PVP is possible and I did manage to play a match with someone.

All my settings should be in order, Multiplayer settings are set for WAN and Nat punchthrough, my local firewall has exceptions for all aoeo executive files and I even tried to completely turn off the routes firewall, ports are open as well (1000-1005 UDP).

I don't know what else to try and I'm not willing to go with some Hamachi-like ordeal that we used to do in the old days. Don't believe it should be necessary and the issue is somewhere else, just can't seem to be able to find it.

Please let me know if you need any more details to figure out what could be wrong or if you already have suggestions.

2. Loading...

3. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hello there. Has co-op ever worked for you in the past? If so, what changed since then?

Otherwise, yeah singleplayer (solo) quests work much more easily compared to co-op because co-op in this game uses an direct (and somewhat archaic for gaming over WAN) type of networking known as peer-to-peer. Because of this, coop does not work for everyone out-of-the-box. For some, it will work because of the default setting in the launcher for multiplayer called "NAT Punchthrough" and when that fails, the "UPnP" setting in the launcher also works sometimes. If neither of those work for you, then you can always try the third setting which involes manually opened the ports that co-op uses in your router.

The Co-op/PvP guide covers all of this. You can find it here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/projectceleste/wiki/how-to-play-coop-pvp-aoeo-celeste-fan-project/

Also I noticed you posted in the discord also, I'll reply there as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice