SOLVED Game scan every day

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Michal Kíma, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Michal Kíma

Michal Kíma Villager

Hello there
    I wana asck i its normal that the game scan have to be run every day and every day and it have to redowland everything. The bigger problem that this take quite long time. About 3-4 hours. For some reason the dowlanding speed is 95 Kb/s. My internet speed is 22 Mb/s. I have no idea why game thinks its data its corrupted.when nothing in that folder has changed.

I need to help with either speed up that wodlanding time or force him to stop that every day more exatly every time i boot up PC any ideas ? (and plese something more clever than dont turn off your PC :D )

2. Loading...

3. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Maybe try adding the games folder to your antivirus exclusions..
    If it asks everytime you start the launcher to do a game scan and it actually does download files, then that might be the issue

Michal Kíma likes this.
  4. Ratman_84

Ratman_84 Villager

I'm experiencing this too.

Just installed this game a few days ago. The first time I fired it up it told me it had to repair the installation and downloaded a bunch of files, which I thought was weird since the installer file was like 2gb and I didn't expect this game to be much larger than that. It ended up downloading 500+ megabytes during the repair process. Just ran the game for the 2nd time and it's doing it again. At first I thought maybe there was just an update and that's what it needed to download, but it's checking the same number of files and downloading files that are the same size as the files it downloaded the other day. Although it's downloading slower this time around so it's going to take a long time.

I have no antivirus program. Windows Defender is disabled.

Not sure what's causing this, but it's basically going to be a deal breaker if I can't fix it.

5. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We have added content to the original game, is why you downloaded more files after you installed the game..
    We just had a patch on Saturday and then a hotfix on Sunday ..

Ardeshir and Kenji03 like this.
  6. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

In general, if you haven't had weird crashing or forced the game to shut down while loading in/out of something, or edited or moved things in the game folder, and you're needing to scan, there's a good chance there's either been a patch or a hotfix. Oftentimes, like now, they'll coincide, especially as new content rollouts nearly always mean something goes funky on live, meaning anything from hotfixes, to server restarts, as is the nature of all smaller game development patches.

7. Bjornerik

Bjornerik Spearman

has it been any updates today? i installed in earlier today first time, and started it again now, and have to download everything again.. All the artworks and so on (art.bar) and 453 more files

8. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

So with the release of all of the latest content, we are going to see a large number of hotfix patches ect as the Devs work on both fixing any bugs that crop up as well as delivering new content - Overall Good.

Now, I don't know how Age of Empires Online does it's files, but my experience with Age o Empires 2, 3, and Mythology has shown that each game has an absolutely massive number of individual files, numbering in the millions - Despite the relatively small storage size of the games, installing and uninstalling the other AoE games takes hours because of the sheer number of files with the games (Compared to other games such as World of Warcraft or ARK, which are gargantuan in size but almost all of it's data is consolidated within a few files)

This is the only tip I have - Disable your Antivirus when downloading AoE games - Some Antiviruses will scan every single file that you download for threats. This can cause significant increase in download times for AoE games since you basically have to scan each file twice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice