Game cannot be started

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by GodShadow, Apr 10, 2020.

1. GodShadow

GodShadow Villager

Hello dear Community,
    Hello dear AOEO Fans,

for a few days now we have started to play AOEO again with our families and friends, so we have installed the game on my computer, on my best friend's computer and on my father's computer via Celeste Fan Projects and all games run perfectly.

First of all a big compliment to the developers and many thanks.

Now we would also like to install the game at my brother, which is a little more difficult and always shows 2 error Messages.

Fehlermeldung: Spartan.exe - Systemfehler
    The code execution cannot continue because VCRUNTIME140.ddl was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the Problem. (Has already been fixed)

After we managed to fix the existing errors and get everything up and running with and without Steam.
    If the following problem arises when we go to Play Online, the loading screen opens and the game stops.

Is someone aware of the error and can help us why? We look forward to any help !!

Thanks in advance.

2. Loading...

3. CWO

CWO Long Swordsman

First of all, how did you fix the VCRUNTIME140.DLL error? Did you download the dll file or did you download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime? If you downloaded the dll file separately, delete that and install the Visual C++ Runtime. Links to all the prerequisites are listed in the Troubleshooting section at the bottom of this page https://www.reddit.com/r/projectcel...celeste-fan-project#wiki_4.3A_troubleshooting. Try installing everything under Troubleshooting just in case it needs to be redone.

Also try disabling any Virus Scanner or Anti Malware before running the game to see if that works. If you have Kaspersky Virus Scan, it's well known to interfere with the game and must be disabled to run it.

If all else fails, try joining us in Discord https://discordapp.com/invite/7hsF8e and asking in the #help channel. NCSGeek and Wartai do quite a bit of the tech support there but there are quite a few of us who will gladly jump in and try to help if we're online.

4. GodShadow

GodShadow Villager

Hello CWO,

Thank you for your feedback. We'll try installing Microsoft Visual C ++ again. The error VCRUNTIME140.DLL no longer occurs.

We can no longer start the game. It goes into the loading screen but flies out immediately.

I am sending you two pictures in the attachment where the game cannot be started. We installed it via Steam and there comes the message that the servers are offline.

Many thanks for your help. WFOC7241.JPG WWXE8790.JPG

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice