By PF2K on Oct 26, 2019 at 11:27 AM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-HE2019.png
    Hello there Celeste players! The Halloween Event is finally here.

Once you update your game, go to your Empire Store in your Capital City and find all the new quests for the event.

You can find every detail regarding what's new in the event in the attached graphics! We hope that you all have lots of fun playing with friends during the event. :)

So let's break down the details of the event in a question-based list:

1. How do I access the special event content?

How_to_access_Haunted_Isle.png
    WorldMap.png
    2. What are the new contents available in the event?
    • New mini-game style Quests and 3 very difficult Legendary Quests, with awesome rewards.
      • Legendary: The Dead of Night
      • Legendary: Fright Club
      • Legendary: Your Finest Horror
      • Don't Let Bahram Be Embalmed!
      • Tomb Sweet Tomb
      • On Your Gourd!
    • New special Event Bosses: Soul Guardians and Emerald Guardians (from last year) and a new Boss: The Headless Horseman
    Halloween_Bosses.png
    • New PvP Quests with AWESOME rewards.
    • All-new Gear, Vanity Gear and Capital City decoration: The Black Cat Vanity Set is back! And The Floating Scarehouse Capital City warehouse, entirely new and exclusive to Celeste.
    • All-new Region with an exclusive store: Haunted Isle (P.S. You might want to enable in-game music when you visit this region!)
    Malevolent_Merchandise.png
    PvP_Quests.png
    HE2019Gear.png
    Main_QG.png
    Global_QG.png
    HalloweenPoints.png

3. Where do I find the new Quests?
    In Haunted Isle.

==

4. Where can I get the new PvP Quests?
    Both in Sparta, and in Haunted Isle. (The Quests have two questgivers who will give you the same quest.)

==

5. Can I get every event Item playing only PvP or only PvE?
    Yes! Everything is obtainable by playing either mode.

(PF2K's Personal Note: Play PvP guys. PvP mode best mode!!!)

==

6. What are Halloween Points, what can I get with them and where do I spend them?
    Halloween Points are the special currency of the Halloween Event. You can use them to buy Vanity Gear, Capital City Decoration, Consumables, in addition to an elusive piece of Gear from last year - Zahhak's Sword of the Undying all at the Haunted Isle Store.

WarehouseBlackCat.png

==

7. What are the Global Quests?

They are quests that can be done in any game mode and inside any quest. They include, but are not limited to, the following types of quests:
    • Play Repeatable, Elite or Legendary Quests
    • Play Co-op Quests with your friends
    • Play PvP matches for a certain amount of time (Daily and Weekly Quests)
    • Defeat special treasure guardians (Emerald Guardians, Soul Guardians and Mummies)
    • Exchange materials for Halloween Points
    ==

8. How long will the event last?

The Event is planned to last until 2019/11/20 00:00 UTC. There has been a timer added to the sidebar on the Forums with a countdown, indicating how long you will have to play the Halloween Event.

==

9. What else is new?

As shown on a previous blog, there are two entirely new Terrain Sets and five new Gaia Animals, available on PvP and Skirmish maps. The Celtic Autumn and Persian Valley Terrain Sets and Black Wolf, Brown Wolf, Polar Bear, Brown Sheep and Red Deer animals. Check them out below!

CelticAutumnAnimals.png
    CAutumnShowcase2.png
    CelticAutumnTrees.png
    PersianValleyAnimals.png
    PValleyShowcase3.png

Additionally, Bahram has opened a new store in Tarsos while he is waiting for his Lottery to be ready. There he will sell you Materials sold in other Vendors in the game, in bulk. By Hourmazd!

BahramsNewShop.png
    As popular demand, we have also added a quicktravel button to the New PvP UI, alongside links to the Champion Mode Tech Tree and other Ranked PvP information to the Sparta UI and the New PvP UI:
    PvP_Info_Button.png
    As for a final surprise for you guys, there is a New Island in Vanity Island, showcasing Decorative Units for your Capital City. If the content of the Island is well-received, there will be new Decorative Units added there in the future!

UnitIsland.png
    UnitIslandCloseup.png
    ========================

Thank you for reading, and we will see you all in the game soon!

Project Celeste Development Team

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.

========================​

VERY IMPORTANT: Creating additional accounts and multi-accounting is FORBIDDEN and will result in permanent bans for ALL OF YOUR ACCOUNTS, including your main account! One account per player only.

Abusing the Sparta Quests is also FORBIDDEN and will result in a ban.

Let us know what you think about the event in the comments below!

#1 PF2K, Oct 26, 2019 at 11:27 AM
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Kire

Kire Game Developer

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2. Baller38

Baller38 Spearman

epic! cant wait to play

3. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

I have 6 Halloween Points from the last year! Where is that shop? :cool:

mandakafa and Exclusive0r like this.
    4. Bahram

Bahram Desert Trader
      Staff Member

Would that you all come to Tarsos, for today is a great day! I will be there myself as soon as I get off this island!

5. WobbleDee

WobbleDee Long Swordsman

Wow - nice job on the art! The headless horseman looks awesome.

On Your Gourd is a bit overtuned. It feels like I'm being pressured to co-op to get through it. My preferred play-style is an extreme turtler (why I don't PVP) and zerg-rush/timed missions make me anxious normally, but these...yeesh. They're beautiful but well, deadly.

#6 WobbleDee, Oct 26, 2019 at 2:19 PM
      Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
    6. Ja-Jo

Ja-Jo Long Swordsman

Great Event. I love it but, if i calculated correctly the prices of the uncommon Materials like Leather and Bronze isnt correct in Bahrams Bulk Bundle. It schould be 1000c not 1750c.

7. Chris23g

Chris23g Woad Raider

There would be no changes in the directors?

8. DiabloEscobar

DiabloEscobar Spearman

i thought there would be changes to advisors, but i read it wrong too.

9. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Great piece of work, very atmospheric , thanks

10. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

How do you play the Embalm Bahram Twr quest with Babylon without carts ? Any Tips ?

Alzerus likes this.
    11. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

Yeah :) I just did it with Babylonians to check, they have access to storehouses for this quest.

Exclusive0r likes this.
    12. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

I've done this quest the first few times and managed to get through it solo, even with wrong advisor's at first, by initially walling up gaps and few towers on each but still get overwhelmed later in the quest but still managed to complete the first few tries.
      But today I've tried it 4 times in a row and failed and the last couple tries by trying some different strategies. Seems that I'm getting worse at it as I play it more lmao. The fifth time I tried today, I just about succeeded with (Edit added; the TC destroyed on) Zero seconds left (see screenshot). I've seen many in chat even saying similar, one player even tried 11 times without success and fair play to their determination. I think it's way too hard for solo play for the average player and does indeed pressure players to coop, but for an event mini quest this should not be. Coop play is great and should be encouraged but not pressured on players.

All the same love the maps and hopefully will get back to my initial successes.
      Other two mini quests are very doable solo.

AOEO On Your Gourd Complete 0 sec.jpg

#13 Alzerus, Oct 28, 2019 at 9:11 PM
      Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
      Dealwithit69 likes this.
    13. kyogo

kyogo Long Swordsman

i do solo at first try with norse and greeks, Philon and panhjs adv. I use to build 8-10 tower around the tc and walls. and training spearman or hipapistas no age up.

Exclusive0r likes this.
    14. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

So glad that the mummies are reasonably tuned (compared to the elephants). Still, is it possible to have all the mummies count as one type instead of 5?

15. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Ahh Thanks for that :):)

16. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I do that too , wall off the TC , spam Twrs, have a team repairing walls , get a few ranged . The thing is just keeping the TC not killing the enemy, with enough twrs they focus on twrs not on TC , also the old get them to follow vills trick o_Oo_O

kyogo likes this.
    17. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

A couple days in I wanna say some things about this event.

First of - the best event so far by big mariginal. Now it's not mainly about finding trix to chest-farm most effective, you need to play real quests to gain the rewards. The Legendary quests are really good I think, and I like that there's no time challenge on two of them - always make me stress more than I usally want, and on this events I don't want stress :p

There are some issues, or bugs to the game and/or event. I don't understand how the quests for killing the soul/emerald guardians works - I think I have killed 20-30 on same civ but still the counter shows like two or even zero. There are a lot of them in the quests, but they don't seem to count - what's the rules here? All of them should count from what I figure?

Also we did a quest to kill vills and partner had not accepted it before launch (one from Norse invasion), I dropped and she finished of alone. She filled the 500 kill quota, and came back out. On the main quest "Norse Invasion" the quest before "The hideout" whatever it was called was yellow as in completed, but she couldn't finish it and when accepting it it needed to be done still (what about that "if eligible it will add to your log"?), and all vills that were killed during the quest was forgotten and not recorded and the quest for the amulet no longer read 500/500 in green, but had it's old number back again in white. Same was for me that dropped, all villager-kills I had attained was forgotten also due to the drop in my case.

As a sidenote - I really REALLY think there should be a way to rejoin the game if dropping, it should be possible to solve - or isn't it? It is in other games.
      Also it's weird that the units from a dropped player no longer can harm any enemy after drop and so protect the player that remains, it's not like the AI in a game where you are still there require your commands to make them act.

I do think "On your Gourd!" seems way to hard, at least compared to the others - especially since it's not Legendary. But perhaps I've just not found the strategy yet?

That aside you really has found a much better layout for the events which is far more intresting to struggle with - and I think the quests are very well done.

Alzerus and Exclusive0r like this.
    18. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Just a quick question.
      I have been looking for these chest guardians like last year. Are they in any quest ? or only in Haunted Isle quests ?
      I have a very limited window that the hospital lets me play (They are afraid I will spam data despite me telling them it won't)
      so I don't want to waste time ;);)

19. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I've seen the event-guardians in other quests, but you can't count on the content in the chests to get the fancy rewards - to get them you need to finish the quests in "The haunted island". As most you can get some blackwood or meteoric iron in them I think, and they alone don't help you at all - and you get all you need in the quest-rewards I just mentioned.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice