By PF2K on Oct 23, 2019 at 9:27 AM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_Halloween_Preview.png
    Hello there Celeste players!

As we approach the Halloween Event, I thought you would like to have a preview of what is coming with the next patch. So let's get into it, shall we?

Since this is one of the biggest content updates we have had in Celeste, I will break it down into question-based sections:

Are we getting new Quests?
    ==========================
    For the Halloween Event, we are adding 3 new Minigames and 3 new Legendary Quests. Available for a limited time only, these quests offer a unique visual setting for players and new units to play with and against! Find them in the graphics below:

LegendariesPreview.png
    MinigamesPreview.png
    Halloween_Bosses.png

Is there any new Gear? How do I get it?
    ===================================
    Just like last year, we have new, event-exclusive pieces of Gear! Obtainable via both PvP or PvE, these pieces of Gear are available for everyone to get! Check them out below:

NewGearPreview.png
    GearVisuals.png
    As you can see, per popular demand, Zahhak's Sword of the Undying makes a return this year. But it will be only available for purchase from inside the Store at Haunted Isle, and cannot be crafted like the other 3 items.

What about Vanity? Capital City Decorations?
    ==========================================
    We are happy to announce that due to popular demand, the Black Cat Vanity Set will be available for purchase once again! But we also have new decoration for you. Behold the new 24-slot warehouse, the Floating Scarehouse! (Don't forget that you can only have up to 5 warehouses in your capital city! So if you want to build one of these, you might need to pack up one of your existing warehouses.)
    These Items will be available for you to purchase in the new Store inside the event-exclusive new region, Haunted Isle:

BlackCatFloatingScarehouse.png
    MalevolentMerchandise.png

Anything else coming for PvE?
    ============================
    Yes! in addition to all of the things mentioned above, we also have Advisor Reworks and Changes in store for you. More details will be revealed soon.

Advisor_Rework.png
    Also, whilst we are waiting for Bahram's Lottery to be fully ready, he has bought for himself a small stall in Tarsos and will soon sell materials available in other vendors to you, in bulk. By Hourmazd!

BahramsShop.png

What's coming to PvP?
    =====================
    Alongside PvP Balance Patch #17 (PF2K's personal note: I'm very excited for this patch! I think it will bring a few very nice changes to PvP and make for fresh and exciting gameplay. Greek players unite!), there will be two entirely new Terrain Sets added to the game, which will be added to both Classic and Celeste PvP/Skirmish maps. They are the Celtic Autumn and Persian Valley Terrain Sets. In addition, there have been five new Gaia Animals added to the game: Black Wolf, Brown Wolf, Polar Bear, Red Deer and Brown Sheep. Check them out below!
    CelticAutumnAnimals.png
    CAutumnShowcase2.png
    CAutumnShowcase3.png
    CelticAutumnTrees.png
    PersianValleyAnimals.png
    PValleyShowcase3.png
    PValleyShowcase1.png
    PValleyShowcase4.png
    PolarBearHype.png

What's going on with the Romans? Where are the blogs?
    ==================================================
    As you know, Project Celeste is a fan project and everything done in it is volunteer work, done by our team in our spare time and there is only so much time we can invest before our real life obligations prevent us from making further progress. While we are still working on the Romans very frequently, with things such as the Events and other content being added, we currently do not expect the Civilization to be ready for release in 2019, considering our high quality standards and us wanting to make sure that the Romans get all the polishing and details that they deserve. But worry not, we will still be having regular updates and blogs about them as we go! Pompey and Caesar aren't done with you yet! Pompey, Caesar and... their friend, who hasn't made the scene yet but will be making an appearance soon enough. Can you guess who he is?

RomansDelay.png
    We expect to launch the Halloween Event this weekend, so we will see you all then!

What do you think about the new content shown in this blog? Let us know in the comments below!

Thanks, and see you in the game!

Project Celeste Development Team

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    =========

#1 PF2K, Oct 23, 2019 at 9:27 AM
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I doubt we would ever allow players to convert between coins and EP. Part of the function of EP is that it is a totally closed system that cannot be transferred between players. One of the dangerous things about the weekly rotations was that it built a bridge where you could convert EP into gear and then gear into coins (by selling on the market). We have decided to still allow this in part through the Legendary Chests.

We still have this problem with War Effort rewarding EP, but so far we are keeping it.

MainMan B, Jeinx and bbgambini like this.
    2. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

The development of the Romans was not really impacted by the Treasures of the Nile, so it was not like we chose between a December release of the Romans and that Quest Pack. Our Summer and Halloween Events did, however, slow down the Romans development, but for a number of reasons, they we chose this path.

First, we want to keep the game fresh and not let content go dark while we work on the Romans. Second, the Events seem to be super popular among players, so they are a good use of resources. Three, the Romans were probably going to be delayed anyway.

Alzerus likes this.
    3. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

Actually my point was that I would have preferred a full regular quest line with repeatable quests to also include Elite/Legendary versions and not just Legendary versions as is. But I do realise that this would have been a considerably huge amount more of work thus a swap of launches maybe, but nevertheless thanks for your clarification, good to know. Cheers :)

4. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

We have recently been pouring through the quest data to get a fuller picture of how different players approach quests. (You can read more here.) These lessons will help inform us as we develop more and more quests and other content moving forward. Nothing is certain yet, but we are definitely seeing that regular repeatable and Elite quests are more popular than we may have first assumed.

Alzerus likes this.
    5. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

Question regarding the Advisors getting their stated reworked:

Will they affect our Current used advisors?? Or would we need to find and re-invite the advisors?? Is there a list of which advisors are getting reworked??

Thanks.

kyogo likes this.
    6. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

Great job on the new content coming and all the hard work you guys are doing on all the sites, game, streams, videos and discord.

ps: Is the default 16 Slot Storehouse ever going to be able to be removed/replaced with a bigger storehouse? or would it interferer with the games mechanics and cause problems?

Andy P XIII likes this.
    7. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

The changes will be applied to your adviaors automatically, you don't need to get them again.

As with every balance patch, PvP or PvE, the details of the changes will not be announced before they are ready for launch. But trust me, you're going to like most, if not all of the tweaks and changes!

8. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Can you say whether there would be nerfs for the advisors? Or only buffs?

9. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

No nerfs, this time. Depending on how the changes are received there may or may not be nerfs, especially to Celeste advisors.

Jeinx likes this.
    10. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

Somthing to remember about Bahrams Bulk Bundles. These materials are currently available for purchase all over the different regions. Bahrams conveniently sells them in one place, by the stack. :)
      Anyone worrying, rest easy :cool:

11. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer

While it's technically possible to make units have an alternate appearance during events, it wouldn't be fair for people who want to keep their Floating Scarehouse looking like how it normally does all year long.

Personally, what I have in my Persian Capital City is that I have this little corner in where I have all the other Halloween stuff there, I'm gonna put the warehouse there too.

Alzerus likes this.
    12. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

It is pretty cool that some folks view Zahhak's items as Best in slot.
      What epic item other than hades arrows and (rare) double stitched chiton would you like to see replaced?

#32 Jeinx, Oct 23, 2019 at 10:09 PM
      Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    13. lukipr0

lukipr0 Woad Raider

love it. now if i might make a suggestion: the 5 rare basic mats available in cyprus are priced at 3k/s, while they're usually available at 2k/s on GM. my suggestion: lower their stack prices to 2.5k/s in tarsos and 100c/10 pieces in cyprus.

14. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

The prices are already set by the other stores :)
      Now maybe people can stop listing stacks in the GM at odd pricing (math done for them) :D
      Edit: By odd I mean 7k for a stack of pine or somthing lol.
      If people want to produce common uncommon, and rare materials and sell cheaper, that is perfectly fine.

15. lukipr0

lukipr0 Woad Raider

i know prices are set. what i'm saying is that 3k/s for rare mats is steep already, 2.5k/s seems more sensible to me. but i know that original devs' decisions are holy cows and should be treated as such. i get that. it's merely a suggestion.

16. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
      Staff Member Moderator

It is appreciated :) but yeah, sticking with the same mathematical pricing that already exists was the direction taken. But a good idea none the less. You know, folks would just sell them at 1.5k if we did :tearsofjoy:

17. lukipr0

lukipr0 Woad Raider

iron ingots go for 900c/s these days. it's always been the one rare mat with the highest availability. i can't but wonder if the people producing it just don't care, are too lazy to switch, don't know how to switch or never even realized that it's probably a good idea to switch to a different material that gets them at least twice the stack price. but oh well..

18. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

sup m8 @Jeinx

you have already called good examples my friend :)
      my thought is just that eventually all the "best-in-slot" items are legendary, someday :cool:
      I realize that it goes in this direction too, maybe there is something planned again in the direction, then I'm a bit premature again :D greetz.

19. Alzerus

Alzerus Champion

That's exactly what I meant, the ability to acquire these event specials and have the ability to toggle them off/on at any time, in other words leaving them as "Floating Scarehouse" for a said period of time like Halloween/longer/always on but have the ability to toggle them off to look like regular w/house if I so wanted. This would only apply to Event specials and not all w/h's. Just and idea for future.

But anyways for the moment, I will do as you suggested and place in a section of my Home City and make it a special place :)
      Cheers!

20. Pharos

Pharos Champion

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice