SOLVED Imperial store

Discussion in 'Misc' started by Atreides, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Atreides

Atreides Woad Raider

The legendary gear weekly in the store no longer appears, it's normal ?

2. Loading...

3. alemandela17

alemandela17 Spearman

The developers removed the leg gears from the store for good.

4. Atreides

Atreides Woad Raider

ah ok thanks for the information

5. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

Why did they do that, may I ask?

6. alemandela17

alemandela17 Spearman

I was told that they did it because of the global market place. I think people were not buying in the market as much (my guess)

7. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

I don’t like this idea, they could just make the items more expensive or make them untreatable!! I’m playing more than a year and I have still never found some items that was sold in the store !!

8. Couldn'tCareLess

Couldn'tCareLess Long Swordsman

Thats the point - To buy (them) in the GM

9. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

Some items are really expensive and helped a lot some casual players to buy them via ep !!!

10. Couldn'tCareLess

Couldn'tCareLess Long Swordsman

EP is the easy way, casual players must evolve at some point and learn one or two legendaries.
    I understand what you are saying, but nowadays farming money is a LOT easier. You can do a legendary and get 10k for 1hour of play time or not even that.

11. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

I strongly disagree with this reasoning. The player base is not large enough to sustain a stable marketplace, prices can fluctuate wildly on items within the same day.

I use the Marketplace fairly consistently, and used the Empire Store to supplement it. I looked forward to seeing what was on offer every weekend, and am sad to see it go. I am unhappy to see it removed like it was, with little to no discussion, or any kind of front page announcement.

Killerjas and alex5ale like this.
  12. alex5ale

alex5ale Woad Raider

I’m doing quite a lot of legs all the Cyprus,Elite Meet ,Asgard,Hellheim, Meso ,Rebelion,Cataclysm ! And I’m playing more than a year now and I have never found some of the items that was sold Nor have I became rich or have a lot of coin !!! I agree that the ppl here are not yet enough to substain a stable GM !!

13. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Legendary Rotation was removed because it should have never been added. For the first time ever, rotation gave players a way to obtain gear directly that should have only been obtained through rng drops completing quests. Players complained constantly about anything in the game that costed EP. Players wanted everything else turned in to coin purchase. Basically, Empire points turned in to "rotation points" players would gauge the value of empire points based on the most expensive item they could purchase from the store. It turned in to a method of turning Empire points in to coin. Players complained when the rng method that determined what piece of gear would hit the rotation next was not in their favor. Players only wanted Master assassin gauntlets, architect walls, and athenian manuals. We all survived before Rotation items were added by the team, we will all survive after. Good news is, each weekend, you still have options to buy chests that guarantee a legendary piece, it will just have an RNG factor, by being a random one. I know we all want what is best for the game, The Celeste team determined that this is what was best. :)

#12 Jeinx, Oct 16, 2019 at 5:16 PM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    rtsgamer, Andy P XIII and Exclusive0r like this.
  14. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We also have many adjustments, improvements, and new things headed your way. Please give the team a little trust, and hang tight for what the future holds :D

rtsgamer and Alzerus like this.
  15. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Personally, I think as a strategy game (best there is ), the gear limitations create strategy creativity ....
    Iike I am bad at keyboard due to medical issues , so I try new strategies

16. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

Perhaps if it was a little easier to target specific gear slots while farming, or it was more clear which quests could provide which rewards, I wouldn’t find it so aggravating. I mean, I can deal with it’s loss, I’m just disappointed by it.

17. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If you want best chances for original Legendary drops, play original legendary quests. If you wan't best chances for Celeste exclusive legendary pieces, play Celeste added legendary quests. Keep in mind, you still have a guaranteed legendary piece on the weekend in those chests. If you want Celeste exclusive gear pieces, buy the Celeste chest. You will get one Celeste added piece at random.

18. Killerjas

Killerjas Spearman

Very disappointed in this decision, as someone who is quite new I used my EP for legendary gear from the EP store. It allows me to get better gear before getting gear from legendary quests.

Very sad about this decision.

19. Killerjas

Killerjas Spearman

Who are you to say what is best for the game? That is your opinion. A lot of people are fine with the legendary rotation from the EP store.

20. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I suppose a back and forth could be had about who any of us are? The question was asked, an answer was given. The Celeste team made the decision to offer Legendary rotation items, The Celeste team made the decision to remove Legendary rotation items. Sorry you are upset. At least we got them for a little while, could have easily been never at all.:cool: But, as I mentioned before. Some new features, adjustments, and improvements rolling out, maybe you will like some of them. ;)

21. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Ultimately, we want our most successful players to be our most active players. We have recently observed a trend where some mechanisms in our economy were thwarting that and resulting in some undesirable feedback loops favoring inactive, already wealthy players at the expense of active, new players. We are looking to combat this in several ways. Removing weekly empire store legendary items is one of them and specifically designed to help active players who play legendary and alliance quests at the expense of inactive players who farm EP. Here’s the analysis:

By removing the weekly leg rotation, we are reducing the supply of those legendary items from the market.

The reduction in supply will result in a rise in prices as players continue to demand them.

Other than players who use Moe’s or buy the random leg chests available each weekend purchasable with EP, only players who play legendary and alliance quests will now be the only players to acquire these items.

Facing increased prices offered for them, those active questing players will be able to sell them for even higher prices.

Over time, this will work to shift coins away from inactive players and towards active players. This is a good thing. Previously we saw inactive players farming accounts for EP, buying up tons of items with EP, and selling them for gold later. We want an active player base that is rewarded for playing by the game.

Meanwhile, the removal of these items from the Empire Store will increase the relative value of other uses for EP. Many of those uses, such as empire consumables and reforge also benefit players who play the game.

We fully expect pushback, particularly from relatively new players who do not realize that the weekly legendary rotation absolutely never existed during the run of the game. We also did not have the global market, so buying and selling from each other was quite hindered as compared to now. Presently we see more and more of our coins going toward inactive players. We want new players, who are by far very active questing, to come to Level 40 and find themselves able to compete in the market. When they are spending their coins buying from inactive coin hoarders and not other active questers, we see the purchasing power of coins diminishing as prices rise and rise going disproportionately to inactive farmers.

Finally, having players spend EP to buy legs caused inflation, which, again, hurts new players. Without EP legs, players with lots of coins will use Moes to hunt for legs. Moes plays a pivotal role in the economy as being the primary coin sink. If players spend EP to buy a legendary item, then they won’t need to spend as many coins at Moes. So not only are fewer coin sink removed from the market, but the bloated number of existing coins need only be used on fewer and fewer items. This causes the market prices to rise, again harming new players.

#20 Andy P XIII, Oct 17, 2019 at 12:46 AM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice