Empire Consumables: Sell individually instead of in bundles

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kenji03, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

I doubt a lot of people use the empire consumables, in my eyes, this is because the cost to try them means committing to a lot of 3.

NOTE: I noticed that the quantity was reduced to 3 from 5, with the price of some actually increasing from when the EP launched. So maybe the Project Celeste team doesn't want us to use Empire Consumables? But if they have no issue with it...

My suggestion is to divide the cost of each by 3 (rounded up) and the quantity of each by 3. For example, Wood Gathering Elephants of the Empire would cost 25 EP (less than two daily login) vs 75 EP (5 daily logins) to just try it out. So if I don't like it, I'm not going to be stuck with 2 more (effectively wasting 50 EP).

If someone sends me the code for the Empire Store stuff, I'll make the changes myself. So this would not cost the team resources.

kevin armando and Ardeshir like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Great suggestion! I think while it's minor, you're right about forced-stacked purchases gating the items. Better off raising the base price anyway for the items in question if they're "too cheap" for the value they bring for legendary questing (I don't use wood gathering elephants, but if they offer a non-pop gatherer, that's crazy strong)

Kenji03 likes this.
  4. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

They do offer 3 non-pop gatherers that harvest at 2x the rate of villagers.

Ardeshir likes this.
  5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Only drawback being they're marginally slower movement wise, but being free-pop means that any gain from them is a straight up advantage lol

Kenji03 likes this.
  6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

What if they are currently set to buy one get two2 free? :p:D

Kenji03 and Ardeshir like this.
  7. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

If that is the case, can we talk with Marcus Plox about changing that ;). As it would cost him the same either way -- but would likely increase his sales

Ardeshir likes this.
  8. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Hi, another point;

I would like to see empire cons. possible to add into vault, like the epic ones. greetz.

Kenji03 likes this.
  9. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

While I too want that, I understand why we cannot have it.

I think the problem there is that the "flag" that allows or disallows things to be traded to other players also governs what can and cannot be added to the Empire Vault.

In order to make a player able to trade their own Empire Consumables with their other civs, new code would have to be written. Where as for this changing existing code's values is all that would be required.

Ardeshir likes this.
  10. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Yh i know how is it but i dont see the reason why. In my opinion to give the players freedom about the stuff is better.

I mentioned often enough about the "civ-bound" stuff and i am not a friend of it.

Greetz.

11. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Because like any suggestion that hasn't yet been started on, it's more man-hours that could've gone into new Features, Civs, Questpacks, and PvP maps, that the devs "ignore" (delay) out of near necessity.

Perhaps you and/or some other members of the community (myself possibly, once I get going on my own submissions. Trying to figure out how to make an arena repeatable questpack identical to what sparta has for one.) could have a look into how it works through the resources?

#10 Ardeshir, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:00 AM
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    rtsgamer and Kenji03 like this.
  12. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

It wasn't made that way because that was the best way to handle it, it was made that way because of how programming language works.

If you want to learn C# programming language and look into the code, I would support that (and help where I can). But the way it all works is not simple.

Every item in the game has a flag set to it. That flag determines if it is able to be traded or not. An entirely separate flag would have to be added to EVERY item that can be traded into the Empire Vault, and then the current code for the flag that determines if an item is tradable would have to be modified.

How it would differentiate between "Empire Vault" and "market place" or "direct trade" would be an entirely new concept that would have to be developed (likely, by someone such as yourself) in order to make it work.

Writing code is not hard, coming up with ways to make a computer do things that are easy for humans is. That is why programmers get paid six figures.

rtsgamer likes this.
  13. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

With 2 separate in game currencies
    Gold and Empire points.
    The Empire points are by design not able to be traded by players. Hence anything purchased with them are not as well. This was probably because Microsoft sold the points, but, the general design still remains in Celeste. We have noticed that when the balance is disrupted, it opens up some new problems.
    We implemented a celeste rotation of Celeste exclusive and Classic Legendary items on the weekend for direct purchase for example. This is the first time items could be purchased for empire points and directly sold to other players. Now unfortunately it's the only thing anyone wants to use their empire points on.
    What is the main reason wanting to vault the empire consumables? Are we hoarding them? Haha

rtsgamer and Ardeshir like this.
  14. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Haha, yh i am hoarding them, cuz of Crete Ranking, i am always holding some of the cons. in the inventory, each civ. :D greetz m8

Ardeshir likes this.
  15. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

I know the legendary recipes, new legendary drops and quest and event rewards, and reforging are probably indirect attempts to fix this. But what about legendary consumables, EP-purchaseable recolours of some of the existing cosmetic stuff (home city and unit/building), and some more in the way of gold-purchaseable legendaries? (the original shop-bought gold/cp/sp legendaries are a bit of a mixed bag lol), or pushing up the prices for the weekend rotation gear?

Guess people who buy too many on one civ (on accident, being new, etc) can shuffle them round instead of being one civ wonders til they burn through them and earn back some EP. Plus banking the ones you aren't looking to use means you have more inventory slots free too

rtsgamer likes this.
  16. DiabloEscobar

DiabloEscobar Spearman

the xp buff is 750 credits for 3x, or what ever, by the time you get that you will be 40 on multiple civs.

if i could purchase 1, for 250, it would be a great help.

so i agree.

17. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

@DiabloEscobar if u mean wisdom +50xp boost ?! you can get it at Northern Holds optional quest for free, each civ ;)

Ardeshir likes this.
  18. DiabloEscobar

DiabloEscobar Spearman

I actually came here because i googled where the free one was, i forgot, and i found another post of yours saying where it is, TY!

but still as greek, you dont get there till around level 20, id still pay 250 to have one from the start.

Ardeshir likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice