Replace (Demo) quest reward consumables

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kenji03, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

973388306bc9ab5b8b6cb97dacb2bd6fa8b30fd3e167b1059026a4850973ce34c3d6042d.jpg
    These quests serve no purpose, now that everyone gets the civilizations in question for free.

As such, changing these quest rewards from bland and generic items that can be easily obtained, to more uncommon things would make them see some use. (example: I do not believe there are any ways other than random chest drops to get Nubian War Elephants anymore).

As with all my suggestions, I volunteer to edit the code in order to make these changes if someone can give me access to the relevant code.

Bandit Archers (u) *3 => Mycenaean Bowmen (u) *3
    Bandit Cavalry (u) *3 => Nubian War Elephants (u) *3

As per the Bandit Spearmen, I do not know of all the units that can be summoned via consumable and are not sold in stores, but I am sure there is a 3rd one that could be offered to make playing these quests worth while.

EDIT
    Linked is a .zip file with all 3 demo quests. There are 2 variations of this submission:

• Replaces existing rewards = Removes the other 3 reward options in favor of the new 2
    • Adds to existing rewards = Adds the new 2 reward options along side the original

#1 Kenji03, Aug 5, 2019 at 12:40 PM
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Couldn'tCareLess likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Replace (Demo) quest
    1. Ardeshir
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Couldn'tCareLess

Couldn'tCareLess Long Swordsman

Woud not be easier to remove those quests?

Ardeshir likes this.
  4. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

While it would, why remove a functional, balanced, and working quest just because the rewards are shit?

Pipinghot, Crixler and Ardeshir like this.
  5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

You both raise good points, but that made me lol

Makes sense to give it the hard to acquire but in demand consumables. Though I do wonder if they should just be added to crafting, and the demo quests being given 1-2 level scaled chest/s as the reward.

Crixler likes this.
  6. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

I think adding the chests would work too, but the primary reason for adding these items as quest rewards is that they would be far easier to do it that way then to add it to crafting via code.

7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

It's definitely a good interim/low-workload suggestion!

8. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

I think I found the code for the Nubian war elephants. They are the rewards for the https://resources.projectceleste.com/Data/Quests/C02/b_Main/C02_M64_Nubia_AceHole.quest

Code:
    <rewards visible="true"><xp visible="true">15000</xp><capitalresource visible="true"><capitalresource>cCapResCoin</capitalresource><amount>150</amount></capitalresource><loottable visible="true">general</loottable><loottable visible="true">general</loottable><or visible="true"><consumable visible="true"><consumablename>ConsumableNubianEle_U</consumablename><count>3</count></consumable><consumable visible="true"><consumablename>ConsumableNubianEle_R</consumablename><count>3</count></consumable></or></rewards>
    The code for the uncommon Nubian War Elephant is
    Code:
    <consumablename>ConsumableNubianEle_U</consumablename>
    The code for the uncommon Mycenaean Bowmen is
    Code:
    <consumablename>ConsumableMycBowman_U</consumablename>
    Linked is a .zip file with all 3 demo quests. There are 2 variations of this submission:

• Replaces existing rewards = Removes the other 3 reward options in favor of the new 2
    • Adds to existing rewards = Adds the new 2 reward options along side the original 3
    Reward code for the 3 different demo quests is as follows:
    Code:
    <rewards visible="true"><protip visible="false">TIP_B01_DemoTurnIn</protip><or visible="true"><consumable visible="true"><consumablename>ConsumableBanditArcher_U</consumablename><count>3</count></consumable><consumable visible="true"><consumablename>ConsumableBanditHippikon_U</consumablename><count>3</count></consumable><consumable visible="true"><consumablename>ConsumableBanditHorseHunter_U</consumablename><count>3</count></consumable></or></rewards>

#7 Kenji03, Aug 8, 2019 at 12:45 PM
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Ardeshir likes this.
  9. Crixler

Crixler Spearman

I don't think Nubian War elephants should be added to the Persian, Babylonian, or Norse demo quests, because none of those have much to do with Nubia. I think buffing the rewards for those quests sounds great, and making these consumables more available also sounds great. But they just don't make sense to do together like that.

10. Kenji03

Kenji03 Berserker

While they do not make sense, keeping those reward items exclusive to the Egyptians and Greeks (the only civs that would reasonably have access to them) isn't a great idea.

Also, those are two consumables that cannot be crafted and have no other place in the game they can be acquired besides a single non-repeatable quest each. (The Nubian Archers and Mycenaean Hoplites can be purchased directly for coin).

Ardeshir likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice