By PF2K on Jun 28, 2019 at 7:11 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Hello there PvP players!

I'm glad to announce that we finally have a Tech Tree for Champion Mode! Here you can find all the changes to techs, the new techs, new unit stats that are only present in Champion Mode (PvP and Skirmish), the active maps in the Sparta Ranked ladder and additional info for those maps, alongside all the changes made to Champion Mode in Celeste.

This wouldn't have been possible without @SystemGlitch 's immense help!

You can find the Champion Mode Tech Tree HERE

Let us know what you think about this in the comments below ;)

Thanks for reading and see you in the next blog!

Project Celeste Development Team

2. Loading...

Comments

Discussion in 'PvP Tips & Tutorials' started by PF2K, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Lovely, thanks folks! This will make keeping the wiki PvP info up to date much much easier also!

How far along Romans will you be until it gets added too? Release? The last of the showcasing/weekly blogs?

#2 Ardeshir, Jun 29, 2019 at 5:21 AM
      Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    2. RASPUTINPRIME

RASPUTINPRIME Champion

I have no idea what Champion mode is but i'm going to find out!

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Champion mode is the PvP balance patch where things are balanced differently to the main game, and advisors, items and civ bonuses don't count. It's always on in Sparta, and can be enabled in Arena and Skirmish.

4. Rayth

Rayth Long Swordsman

I do not like the fact that there are different technologies or research depending on the game mode.
      Balance civilizations for PvP, and make it the base whatever the game mode would be much better.

5. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

The "rush civs" (particularly celts) have weaker lategames and stronger early games in terms of build flexibility, so trying to take PvP balance as-is and putting it in PvE won't work, because then rush civs are useless in Legendary and Elite PvE content, or they get buffed, and become the only seen civs in PvP because now the civs that get good A1/A2 control have no mid/lategame disadvantages. If you try addressing this any other way you need to completely rework the civs, and risk runing their uniqueness and appeal. Not to mention advisors and items being built for the current balance.

I honestly wish more games did something similar. The Starcraft titles DO work just like this, where not just costs and upgrades are different from campaign to COOP to PvP, but entire unit rosters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice