War Efford

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rtsgamer, Mar 4, 2019.

1. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Hi everyone, quick question,

is it possible to reduce time consuming from war effords?!

Maybe cooldown 36h?! (just an idea)

Greetz / hf & gl all

2. Loading...

3. DraCConiaN

DraCConiaN Spearman

and so you want more empire points??? xD

4. toto2379

toto2379 Long Swordsman

IMO the opposite of OP's idea is better :
    If war effort had zero cooldown, it would no longer be a "routine".
    War effort would still be limited by time and money, because it still takes time to make material stacks from workshops, and you can't earn money faster than you spend it on materials without the cooldown.

An alternative way to make war effort less time-consuming is to be able to buy white/green/non-advanced blue material stacks from vendors.

It's extremely difficult to earn 186300 coins in 12 hours without the help of other players, so war effort would be more restricted by money than by time, and it would be a better money sink.

5. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

For first, thx 4 answers mates.

The idea was; 36h cooldown, to save time and u can stil decrease rewads to make balance.

@DraCConiaN bro, (i dont need ep anymore), i have managed to get good amount of ep, now i can take it easier ;)

@toto2379 i am with u m8, zero cooldown, fine, time is money :)

I would also like to ask the devs,
    is something planned in the direction?

thx, greetz, hf & gl all

#4 rtsgamer, Mar 5, 2019 at 5:37 PM
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    DraCConiaN likes this.
  6. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

War Effort was designed to allow players to turn in resources to help their alliances out by earning alliance points. Until Celeste, there was no way to farm War Effort for Empire Points or to then use those Empire Points to buy legendary gear that can be sold for lots of gold.

At this point, I understand that War Effort allows players to grow rich without actually playing the game other than logging in to turn in resources and buy/sell Leg items. That smells an awful lot like an unintended loophole. If there is a good reason to preserve War Chest in its current form, I would love to hear about it.

7. toto2379

toto2379 Long Swordsman

If you really think that war effort is "overpowered", you can follow that idea of a longer cooldown. But make it 6 days or the change wouldn't be significant enough

By the way, end-game players now have the option to trade a lot of coins for epic materials in order to craft the upcoming legendary gear...

8. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Since Alliance wars is not fully implimented, Celeste had a "direct empire points for war effort" system in place. (As Andy mentioned above, in old game war effort earned you Alliance points) this war effort material "turn in for empire points" was cooldown free, and players could purchase as many empire points (basically) that they wanted(or had the coin to spend) stacking/turning in ect.
    Obviously with a weekend Celeste item rotation, you could see why having a virtually limitless amount of ep would be an issue (well, I hope at least :) )
    To try and reign things in, a 12 hour cooldown (I'm pretty sure it's 12 hrs) was implimented to put kind of a limit on the amount of EP one can get.
    Now we have some folks in the playerbase that do not really play the game, but simply log in every 12 hours, turn in materials, and wait for a decent rotation to hit the weekly store. Some of you folks work really hard playing the game to reap rewards. I personally like the idea of the folks working hard at farming and grinding getting the very best rewards.
    I know not everyone supports it, but hopefully one day, we can just have our War back, and war effort can be implimented as originally intended, and I can fight side by side with some of you in the war, and fight against some of you too :smirk:
    Some things to keep in mind about the upcoming Legendary craftables compared to the war effort.
    1. You have to find a recipe to craft :smirk:
    2. Materials are epic, so you can't buy them in almost limetless supply from a vendor, you need to trade with players so there is quite a team effort needed of players willing to sell/trade their hard earned/produced materials.
    3. A buddy with a recipe is a beautiful thing :wink:
    Grinding out quests, EP is easy to come by. Yes, some of the quests that it's easiest to do that on a time basis can get boring, but so is buying and stacking materials from vendors :confounded:
    It's tough to make everyone happy, but hopefully some of the things coming out soon in future updates is really going to be stuff you guys like. The stuff you guys have had spoilers on, and the stuff you guys haven't :smirk:
    Stay grinding my friends :tearsofjoy:

DraCConiaN, rtsgamer and Andy P XIII like this.
  9. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Please tell me more about this. How can someone trade their coins into epic materials?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice