By PF2K on Oct 30, 2018 at 4:49 PM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Hello there everyone! With the Halloween Event, I am happy to bring you a limited edition piece of gear, Zahhak's Sword of the Undying! Find out all you need to know about how to get one for yourself in the attached infographic!

SwordAnnouncementBase.png

Good luck and happy hunting everyone, let us know what you think about the Sword below! :D

#1 PF2K, Oct 30, 2018 at 4:49 PM
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    solar, DraCConiaN, rtsgamer and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

?

Do you like limited edition gear similar to Zahhak's Sword of the Undying!

1. Yes! They're great!

47 vote(s)
    90.4%
  2. Doesn't make a difference to me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. NO! They're lame!

5 vote(s)
    9.6%

Comments

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by PF2K, Oct 30, 2018.

1. yuri

yuri Woad Raider

The idea of this ( event ) is for us to farm and have fun.. eventually you will get enough mats for the sword.. 1 normal mummy chest drop about 9 to 14 iron/blackwood.. you can get them fairly quickly.. or you can buy in trade someone will sell.. is it buged? The mats says not tradable , but everyone is buying and trading , self mailing.. does the developer know about this ? Is it ok to share about it being tradable?

2. john_larry78

john_larry78 Long Swordsman

no . because then it would be far to easy to get the really hard to find materials. especially with the community seemingly all farming to get them. keeping it hard to get makes the satisfaction of getting a sword that much greater and also the value of said item

3. john_larry78

the idea of the event is not to farm, it is to have fun

4. Batman

Batman Villager

Why did you already have emerald and immortal soul?
      it is rere to fall on the guardian of the emerald and the soul and immortal but when it falls on it gives .... NOTHING it is not very logical.If each time we fall on it we have the emerald or the immortal soul: the game would become interesting.

5. Forest

Forest Long Swordsman

This grind is so 2004. But I expect better mechanics for an event in 2018. A quest giving those materials as reward after 5 times killing for example.

Sleyver and Stealth like this.
    6. Sleyver

Sleyver Woad Raider

The Halloween large chests, contain vanity stuff, you can't trade. So have now the black cat shield 7 Times on one Civ. Can use 2 of them...

Kulcsos12 and Francis Lussier like this.
    7. Dealwithit69

Dealwithit69 Long Swordsman

Chests have many more items than just vanity

8. Forest

Forest Long Swordsman

I don't understand this response.

Sleyver likes this.
    9. Dealwithit69

Dealwithit69 Long Swordsman

Sleyver said that the chests only have vanity and I clarified that they have more then just vanity. I have gotten 2 souls 1 emerald 1 warehouse from the chests

10. yuri

yuri Woad Raider

Rich..

11. Sleyver

Sleyver Woad Raider

@ Dealwithit69 Your English might be bad if you understand that there is only vanity in the chests.
      I never said that. I said you still get the vanity from these chests, even if you can not use them anymore.

On my babylonian I have 7 black cat shields but have only two units, that can use the shiald. So 5 vanity shields are wasted, because I can't use them on other civs now.

12. Bradam

Bradam Spearman

I have 3 of the 24 slot buildings from Halloween chests and I can't use any of them. Wish I could pass them to my other civs

Exclusive0r and Francis Lussier like this.
    13. Dameon Bourland

Dameon Bourland Villager

[FONT="Bitter","Open Sans",Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif]Thi[/FONT]s event greatly pissed me off. It started off ok, but as the days went on, it got harder and harder. For example, it took me an average of 180 quests just to get a single Soul Demon guardian. Out of every 200 quests (eg, resetting Unite the Tribes to see if it was a useful guardian...also did similar w/Lots of Rogues, but not every civ has good enough LOS to where you can see the guardian off the bat), I could get 2-3 Emerald Guardians but only 1 Soul Guardian. My worst was w/my Norse; I farmed over 36 hours before my first F'n Undying Soul. I killed about 15 Soul Guardians before I finally got the dang item I needed. By that point, I had almost 3000 Meteroic Iron and 1200 Blackwoods. I had trouble getting the Soul in another civ, but I luckily got it from the Large chest...that was, until they changed the rewards again to junk L40 rare items. Another complaint, is the ~15 vanity items I have but can't apply, because they disappear and aren't applied to my inventory. So I have about 20 invisible vanity items and about 40 sitting in my vaults until I know for sure they're fixed.
      Also would be nice to know if this will be extended. I have enough blackwood/iron/emeralds to get about 10 more swords, but the dozens of days worth of farming it'll take to get more souls...it's not worth the effort.
      Agree that the reward for killing 10x of each Guardian should've been the item.

Dealwithit69 likes this.
    14. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I think the event is a great initiative and a great deal of fun. However, why can't you put your spoils in your Empire Vault ? I have my Persians with 2 soul gems and my greeks with 1 emerald, it's a bit of a pain to be so close and no cigar ... Also I have hit 10 emerald guardians with no emerald .. that is hard.
      But it's a great piece of work. I understand why you cannot trade them but surely to yourself ?? Pretty Please ...

15. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Me to I have enough jewels to make a sword but they are split over Greek and Persians :(

16. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
      Staff Member Administrator

Yes, you are correct! However a quick workaround for now would be to mail the items to yourself :)

Exclusive0r likes this.
    17. asianguy316

asianguy316 Spearman

Hey PF2k and developers. I like the concepts and hard work of seasonal rewards. It definitely helps give an incentive to play more pve. Plus, the guardians & higher drop rate in legendary/epic quests helps promote more cooperation, which can boost online activity.

Now the drawback would arguably be the rng of "undying soul" and "emerald". I think perhaps there could be another way of acquiring them through rigorous questing. For instance, perhaps you can *buy undying soul or emerald through unspent coins or empire points? As a matter of fact, the trade channel has merchants trying to sell those items for coins anyways. Some people like to do game modes that don't have guardians, such as crete or sparta pvp, which has post-game loot instead of in-game loot.

All in all, I like the halloween theme and artistic bosses, etc. They definitely add an interesting element into the game. However, the grind per se is frustrating for time and energy versus the return on investment. It does entice more player activity, and it does generate a level of interest. It's well appreciated, but i'm just hoping seasonal event items can be purchasable (for instance, an undying soul can be purchasable with 5000 halloween points if the RNG gods are not favorable this time around).

Exclusive0r and Dealwithit69 like this.
    18. john_larry78

While i semi agree with what your saying, if u did
      36 hours is crazy , what quests were you doing ? there are far easier maps within the game to do for these guardians. ie cypress legs or leg beorix - go to age 4 and trounce the ai . find a co op partner and do it faster.

Exclusive0r likes this.
    19. yuri

yuri Woad Raider

rich..

20. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Hi dudes, no more farming on thymbra (tarsos)
      I have tryed to solo the quest and got reked hard...
      2 treasures less and the quest also harder...
      My point is, that i have played thymbra before halloween and liked alot, coop or solo doesnt matter..
      Now after upgrade i can swear u no one will play this quest anymore.
      Simple u cant make quest harder also 2 Treasures less and let the Quest rewards stay like always...

I understand the point; cuz of farming (needed balance or whatever) but, how is thymbra right now is same like when u remove the hole quest...

Greetz all... HF & GL all

#40 rtsgamer, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:33 AM
      Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
      Exclusive0r and Dealwithit69 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice