The system for how loot drops.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ByFstugan, Nov 17, 2017.

1. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Atm there are some items that is the best that's NOT lev 40, and that you only can get through boring farming either by staying on a certain level and hunt only chests, or by using the skirmish hall iirc. This is not a good system.

Items can be so you can find them i.e between lev 23-26, and that means you'll find them when you are 3 levels higher, hence lev 26-29. So if you want the best scout armor then you need to stay on lev 29, because when you get lev 30 you become to skilled to be able to find such crap. Such crap that's the best thing in the game. This is wierd.

It's fine that it works with a limit to when you can FIRST find them, and then in lower levels. It's also fine that you can find them at limited level depending on your level. But it's wierd that when you get a level to much that item is forever lost for you to find. It would rather be easier than harder one could think.

My suggestion is that ALL items should continue to be able to drop at their max level, even if you are many levels above.

As it is now there are many items only farmers find for all their civs, and you can't just enjoy the game and wait for the day when you find it - you now have to manipulate the game mechanics with boring farming or forget that item completely unless someone sell it at a decent price. At the moment such items I talk about is almost never sold (and I've been online ALOT and watch the trade channel MANY hours each day), and if it is it's to a price that's only the very rich can afford.

2. Loading...

3. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I tend to agree with you that it having some best in class items at low levels is a weird and imperfect system.

I am wondering if having all legendary items on one loot table that is available for all leg quests is ideal or whether we would split up legendary items so that some are available only through one group of leg quests and others are only available somewhere else, etc. This would allow us to focus our grinding. Just an idea. Im not sure I think it is a good idea.

Also, do you have a list of the low-level, best in class items you are talking about?

4. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Loot dropping at all levels would result in some seriously OP gear. All of the fuss about it dropping for the short period it did has caused some folks to want a server wipe/restart.
    Any gear that is best in slot and not level 40 or legendary only has stats slightly higher and is no cause for concern as it is not needed to complete quests. (.8 higher speed on a chiton for your caravan)
    Remember some folks are collectors and seek out that rare gear. Some folks seek it out for profit, and anyone can be "rich" simply grinding alliance quests a couple hours a day can get you a million coin in a week or so.
    We all have reasons that we like aoeo. Let' just be careful not to make choices that will squash certain players reasons. We loved the game how it was, so much we wanted it back! No need to make drastic changes to gear and in game economy that many of us do not have a perfect understanding how it can be affected.

5. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I agree that we need to be very careful before we make any adjustments to the economy.

6. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I think the simplest sollution is the one I mentioned, that makes farming on a lower level a needed but boring and broken approach taken away. I much rather just do quest and hope to find it than keep a civ on a level to farm for an item to each civ - which you now pretty much must do.

Some items, I bet there is more:
    Homer's Vest of Foresight - Lev 7 (Base 23.8%) (Max 25%) (better LOS for Norse scouts)
    Thracian Thrusting Xiphos - Lev 12-16 (Base 10.8%) (Max 11,3) (better LOS for most scouts)
    Sun-Runed Gorget - Lev 22-26 (Base 37.7%) (Max 39,6%) (better LOS for most scouts)
    Iron Wall Joints - Lev 27-31 (Base 11.8%) (Max 12,1%) (cheaper buildings)
    Athena's Blessed Javelin - Lev 28-31 (Base 19.9%) (Max 20,9%) (better LOS for Egypt scouts)

As I said earlier, it's weird that you get better and better on finding an item, until you get one level to high and after that it becomes impossible for you. If anything it would be easier looking at it from logic, not that I mean it should, but it should remain possible.

7. Ryddag

Ryddag Banned
    Banned

The main issue with those is they are overpowered at high level, that why the loottable was also changed early in original to "remove" so level for those kind of item.

For example look out what become "Thracian Thrusting Xiphos" at level 40 base stat (not the best example but still)

40.png

Let's be honest +22% is a way too much (and can gain an buff of 5%), its already strange than a sword already allow you to see more.

So for me the best deal to solve the "issue" where some low level and low quality are some of the top gear will be to made some legendary version of them with only a minor buff to their actual stat at their current max lvl to create something not overpowered and don't impact game play so let's say an "Blessed Thracian Thrusting Xiphos" Dmg +14.7% (lvl 16 is 13.2%) LoS + 12.3% (lvl16 is 10.8%).

A few Athen's legendary gear are based on this idea.

8. FullSized

FullSized Villager

If you think a sword can't improve your LOS then try walking through a thick jungle or even thick bush without one.

9. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

First, you seem to misunderstood my suggestion. Second, your sollution is also good, maybe better.

However, what I suggested was NOT a level 40 Thracian Thrusting Xiphos, but that the level 26 version of same sword will not cease to exist in possible drop just because you are one level (or more) above level 26/29. Instead it will be among the things that still drop on IT'S max level (which should remain lev 26), but it could drop to a lev 40 or lev 37 civ also (but then at lev 26) - which at the moment is impossible.

10. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

That was not the suggestion, the current max level was supposed to remain the same, I said:

"My suggestion is that ALL items should continue to be able to drop at their max level, even if you are many levels above."

You cannot be "many levels above lev 40", hence it's obvious I meant that the current max level would remain the same (i.e Lev 26 would still be the best Thracian Thrusting Xiphos to drop, but you could still get that even if you are level 40 in a chest. THAT was my suggestion). Otherwise you more or less MUST stay on a level and farm to get one such item, especially now when the market is really slow compared to during the live version.

11. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

Sorry but NO, bad suggestion IMO.

Would you really want to reach lvl 40 and be doing leg quests & then opening the chests to find max lvl gear like the 4 examples below?
    Training Scroll of Amnisos - lvl 2
    Horse Master's Leather - lvl 5
    Mark of the Rider - lvl 6
    Mycenaean Blade - lvl 10

The issue is that a few of the best in slot items are indeed low level
    eg: Homer's Vest of Foresight - lvl 7 cloth armor with Line-of-sight: +23.8%

As said before, a far better fix would be introducing new lvl 40 / leg items having better stats than the current low lvl best in slot items.
    perhaps - Divine Vest of Foresight lvl 40 cloth armor with Line-of-sight: +28%

Doing this may also reduce the number of "farming accounts" where civs are kept at lower levels on purpose to aid in getting these best in slot items which are less than lvl 40.

rtsgamer, truetorment and n4bb12 like this.
  12. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

I'm still trying to work out how Sun-Runed Gorget light armor on a horse gives LOS boost ?
    Maybe you can explain that for me....

...ReignOfRagnarok likes this.
  13. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

The recent additions to gear that came with Athens created lots of new best in slot items that are legendary. I did not realize that there still were some best in class items that were not legendary. Maybe those need to be added.

truetorment likes this.
  14. musictopia

musictopia Game Developer

The good news is it is easy to create new gear. The hardest part is the icons part though.

15. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

That is why we have the great and powerful @PF2K

16. musictopia

musictopia Game Developer

He would have to approve obviously before he would do the icons.

Andy P XIII likes this.
  17. TheN0XUS

TheN0XUS Spearman

any progress on this?

18. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hope not. Wololoo hit the nail on the head. I don' want to grind level 40 chests and get level 2 gear.
    I also don' want so many new O.P. gears added that they have to do nerfs. Let' focus on quests.

rtsgamer likes this.
  19. PedroAlmeida72

PedroAlmeida72 Woad Raider

I totally agree with you Ryddag. That is in my opinion the best way to solve this issue for players like me that like to have all slots in all units with legendary gear equiped, most of all for the impact on the visuals of each unit, but of course without turning each unit extrelemely overpower in a way of keeping the game balanced.

20. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

:eek: Holy necromancy, this thing had even started decaying. :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice