Priest items, some ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by t31os, May 30, 2021.

1. t31os

t31os Berserker

I was scratching my head about the situation with staffs damage stats and wondering what it might look like if you were to go in and clean things up a little. I compiled all the staff and accessory data, removed the damage stats and start looking at how stats were distributed across priest items (Scepters excluded for now). I plonked it all in a spreadsheet (yeah i know, i have a thing for spreadsheets), and start mocking up some changes to see how things could look if things were moved around a bit.

One of the issues (aside from damage) is the overlap of stats here and there, what i've tried to do is separate and tweak the stats so things are a little more clearly defined. Staffs focus on what your priests do (healing/conversion) and accessories are focussed on the other elements, like armor and cost.

Priest Staffs:
    Conversion rates, Healing, Line-of-sight (sometimes) and Maximum Range

Priest Accessories:
    Cost / Resistance / Armor / Speed / Train Time

I haven't completely worked out what to do for all the items(not even considered factoring in Scepters yet), but i wanted to share how i think things could potentially look with shuffling a few things around and with the addition of some accessories.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pU6MBq5suNasiScQu3YRBNwfcy1R1K4NFfNrfyLvnNc/edit?usp=sharing (click on Priest Item Changes at the bottom if it opens on a different sheet)

Penny for your thoughts.

Kulcsos12 likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

Not really a fan of changing already existing items, especially not the legendaries. Staff of the Ice King has health because Ice King items have either health or snare as part of their stat budget. The alliance items are very affordable as well, there is no point making entirely new legendary items to replace those.

On the topic of adding in armor bonuses - Why not make all the armor bonuses equal across the accessories rather then having really odd numbers for each armor type? With that said, I wouldn't mind additional armor accessories as a way to further specialize a Priest (We currently can have anti-infantry build priests that can easily convert infantry in mass without loss, in exchange for being next to useless for converting anything else, which is a good thing to have I feel as you can adjust gear on a mission-by-mission basis). Removing armor from staves and other items isn't a good idea.

Nice way to quickly and easily see what all staves are available though - I had no clue that armor staves even existed.

4. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

Way too many staves have damage, and I’m not quite sure what the thought process was there. I’d like to see more stages that actually improve what Priests are supposed to be doing. If your Priests are fist fighting, you’re either doing it wrong or an incredibly bored Celt player.

JoshTheAspi likes this.
  5. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

Priest with DMG-only stats is equal with ungeared priest. Its sounds like a throwing arm with melee damage. Its only OK on Celt Druids but healing is much more usefull for him.

6. t31os

t31os Berserker

Health could always be the one stat that remains as an overlap. I was thinking bigger picture in terms of taking away infantry armor from the Legion accessory, but we could always swing the other way with that and put an armor accessory in each alliance region and change the health one to a non-alliance item. I gave them different values purely to not make priests too resistant to certain unit types (those values can potentially be anything).

This was just to visualize how things could look with a clear separation of stats and less overlapping. It could also help make it easier to add / tweak / manage the data for those items if you have a defined set of stats the item types can use.

For sure, even just removing damage from all the items makes things quite a bit more readable.

7. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

EDIT: With the "range" stat now correctly listed as "conversion range" (only thing range ever effected), and the possibility of the introduction of Healing Range as a new stat, staffs will at some point be reworked. It will however, be done in a way where players do not wake up with vastly different staffs than they went to bed with, and completely overpower priests. Appreciate the dive in, I will take a look at your spreadsheet for sure. We are looking in to one more possibility as far as potential stats before we get started.

#6 Jeinx, Jun 1, 2021 at 3:51 AM
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    Andy P XIII likes this.
  8. t31os

t31os Berserker

Doesn't max range extend a priest's conversion range already Jeinx? What's that stat doing if not that for priests?

Andy P XIII likes this.
  9. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, you are absolutely correct. I made a mistake. I meant to say "Healing range" the verbiage on staffs were updated to "conversion range" as a better description of what the "Range" actually did. We can now add "Healing Range" as a stat. Thanks for the catch, and sorry for the confusion. I will edit my post. :)

Andy P XIII likes this.
  10. t31os

t31os Berserker

So do all priests share a default/base healing range at the moment? (staffs aside, given a few seem to have the new area heal stat already).

11. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yes, currently the range stat on gear does nothing to effect the range at which priests are able to heal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice