Balance change of "Invasion of Qurikos"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ByFstugan, Apr 2, 2021.

1. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I'd like to argue that Lodi quest "Invasion of Qurikos" in "The Forgotten Bow" (supposed to be a 1-star easy) is WAAAAY to hard to do when that time is NOT an optional.

Even IF it were an optional the number of stars should be like 3 or even 4 and not 1 (if the stars is set after how hard it is to make WITH secondarys?).

Even in coop wife and I fail this more often than we make it, and we have made all 5-star quests with not to big challange.

I think time BOTH should be optional as well as higher with 5-10 minutes. Or similar to below.

ALSO...
    I'd like to add that a similar critique we have about "Invasion of Aegitna" (same place) which also has a FAR to low time if time is supposed to be not secondary. That time should be made secondary and a 10 minute longer time should be primary (so it's like "finish 10 minutes early" that result in 30 mins, and 40 mins would be the primary objective). Similar to Pathos I mean.

Exclusive0r and gamevideo113 like this.
  2. Loading...

3. t31os

t31os Berserker

Personally i don't know why timers are a non-optional part of various legendary quests, they only get harder when you play slower and it doesn't guarantee your drops will be any better, so why even have that requirement, more time spent on one quest is less time spent farming other quests, the math doesn't really add up. If it were up to me (and it's obviously not) all timers would be optionals (the additional loot is the there for people that like high efficiency or faster games and it's a net loss for those that need more time).

Heck, add more optionals ... optional 1 finish in x time, optional 2 finish x time(less than optional 1) and so on.

Exclusive0r and aceloki like this.
  4. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Even if it's a bit unspecific to the topics main issue I fully agree and if it were concidered it would solve even this anyhow. Good point. Ty for input.

One could add that an guaranteed legendary chest or something could be always on the optional timer rewards.

5. t31os

t31os Berserker

With regard to this specific quest, usually myself and coop partner will wall and mass infantry(use advisors and milestones to suit), no need for full pop and full upgrades, market down, enough food and gold to sustain production and push, whilst constantly producing more units (armory upgrades where possible, etc). Keep building forward, keep making units.

Back to timers, i think the game would be better served removing them as any primary requirement and using the upcoming(future) weekly challenges (or other planned feature(s) as a means to set timer goals if players really enjoy the sausage wagging associated with finishing quests in the fastest times. Why can't a player spend 3 hours beating Marion if they want to? I can't really work out the logic for making harder quests inaccessible to the more casual players by way of forced completion times when they'll die through consequence of difficulty if a quest is beyond them anyway. It's the reasoning for which i don't play a dozen+ quests, it's not about an inability to complete them, it's the forced rush mentality, when sometimes i just wanna chill and take my time with it.

ByFstugan likes this.
  6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Star system is not yet perfect. A panel of players helped comb through and rank all of the quests difficulties rather quickly. Changes definatly need made on some. We're in a kind of first draft stage right now on them. Thank you for your input and suggestions.

ByFstugan likes this.
  7. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Ty - explains alot.

Plz concider if the timing on Legendarys as a general rule should be made optional also. It seems to me that on some quests you already made changes in that direction.

*and perhaps if that kind of optional should have a boosted reward (and maybe the regular reward a little smaller?).

8. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I'll say this again...

Invasion of Ouikos is simply to hard to finish in time. The time on this map should be 30 mins with an optional for finishing 10 minutes early.

Otherwise it should be like a 3-4 star quest ihmo, but I don't think it's intended as a harder quest.

apolippo likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice