Market Trade Preview seems off

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by CrimsonCantab, Jun 16, 2019.

1. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

See screenshot. Built a market there expecting ~129g, caravans are giving me 96 (this is without age4 upgrade). I'm running this in champion skirmish mode, so that might have something to do with it. Not sure if this is a problem in PvP.

trade preview.jpg

2. Loading...

3. Kevsoft

Kevsoft XLiveless Dev
    Staff Member Administrator

Yea, unfortunately it is not 100% reliable yet. Probably a miscalculation because of skirmish champ mode.

4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

I didn't know this was actually a feature. Is this new? Is it in the settings?

5. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

I have seen the below hotkey for a long time, but didn't know how to use it until yesterday. You have to use the hotkey when you are hovering a market about to place it. The upper left market in my screenshot above was not built, it was just hovering.

unknown.png

Slyrevick and Ardeshir like this.
  6. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

So just ctrl-w when looking to place a new market, and I can see the potential earnings* (*inaccuracy aside)? Neat

7. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

A tip is when using this is to find the number where YOUR gear (like the first slot at least has a bonus for trade) and maybe advisor if using that grants you a END-result after all the upgrades are done in Age 4. To me that result is 114-115g which gives me 120+ gold before Age 4 upgrade is done where I then get 149-150g*.

*The 149 is accually good in my opinion, it's a sign that you are as close to perfect as you can get - when you just see 150g and hasn't adjusted like I say you can travel one square more than needed, but also 50 squares or any other number.
    So to get 150 gold before this upgrades is really not good if you want to get optimal income.

Another good thing to concider is if you can place market (and trade-TC) so you have as little crowd-effect as possible ofc. Happy trading :)

Also read CrimsonCantab two posts up on how to use this funcion if you missed ;)
    PS. You can also hover ABOVE a PLACED market and see what the numbers are there, it's never the same as you accually get.

#6 ByFstugan, Nov 28, 2020 at 4:50 PM
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  8. Geese

Geese Berserker

Yeah it's a bit wonky but I think my gripe with it is when you have multiple tcs made almost aligned the trade numbers tend to overlap and become impossible to read.

9. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Yes, that's a bit frustrating - they should really change that so they can't overlap at least - and perhaps (if it isn't so already) make the numbers apear on the market where the TC is on the minimap - and to that add a force "no overlapping". Also different colors on text for own, coop-partner and friendly-NPC.

#8 ByFstugan, Nov 30, 2020 at 1:20 AM
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice