Previous Developers: Egyptian's Spearmen unit art(among other things) and represents them poorly.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anthos88, Mar 29, 2020.

?

If the we could change Egyptian Spearmen art and unit appearance?

1. Yes, looks dumb.

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No, Like them chubby.

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. Anthos88

Anthos88 Spearman

Ok, i know this has nothing to do whit Celeste ( thank you for bringing this game back) but i always disliked how the original developers presented the Egyptians in the game.... lets start whit the trailer ( i love this trailer)

NOTE: I am not asking Celeste for anything i just needed to rant about the awfull speamn art and unit.

They are represented way more accurate than they are on the game,i know this game is anything but accurate (Egyptians never used Elephants) they are represented very well, not historically accurate but almost there they wear the Nemes (typical Egyptian headdress we know of) Skinny, fit.... ancient ancient people had almost no obesity except the rich, this is a modern disease.

Why do we have a fat Spearmen whit turban is beyond me..... i hate how they look and the reason for making this post... hate them whit a passion the Greek is close second but their unit at least looks better.... To me the baddest looking is the Persian Spearmen. let look at the other factions Spearmen and how cool they look.
    latest?cb=20110724055707.png latest?cb=20111022204024.png latest?cb=20120817003434.png latest?cb=20121104001037.png latest?cb=20110610022925.png latest?cb=20111026021538.png

Look at these accurate rendition of Egyptian warriors weapons (Skin color is a highly debated issue), look at the Mace/Axe. i forgot the name of the Oval thing between their legs but it was made of cotton i think it was, it protected them
    baf834b23961f9112bd2914d4cda2d89.jpg

Love this pic, the Hittite 3 man Chariot, running into Lybian and Nubian archer line.
    Battle-of-Megiddo-Egypt-Tours-Portal.jpg

This type of bow was used a lot, it was triangular in shape.

eda02cab33ed33bebd32673e18cdef17.jpg

Now we have this Khopesh wielding his sword backwards....

latest?cb=20110609113948.png

Here how it was handled, the curved on the back could also be used to hook a shield.

2c79430438ddcf84a22c28ab0d603011.jpg

The Egyptian Slinger looks how they should... except the weapon... that the hell is that sling? i mean the artist of these units clearly din't study his subject..Below is a real sling.

latest?cb=20110724060628.png

da6e117bcb4370544a6039e2a956d500.jpg

Also while i love the War Elephants and Camel, Ancient Egyptians din't use them but don't care they are cool... just needed to take it of my chest had it in there for years, honestly hate that Speamen art and unit... lol.

#1 Anthos88, Mar 29, 2020 at 7:00 AM
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  2. Loading...

3. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

DONT TOUCH MY RONNIE COLEMAN SPEARMAN
    jk
    I think it's what gives the game flavour/character to be honest. The Kopesh swordsmen could probably do with having their swords turned around, but otherwise I don't see any problems. The greek spearman looks like a hunchback, the persian spearman looks like he could do with a good sleep, and the babylonian spearman looks like he inspired the wigs European authorities would wear a couple thousand years later. It's more humorous than offputting imo, and would require spending 2d/3d modelling efforts on to change, which are the most in-short-supply skills within the development team.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  4. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I like 'em just how they are and the camel grunts ...

Ardeshir likes this.
  5. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

And the Celt Spearman looks like a pole vaulter! :D

6. DynasticPlanet

DynasticPlanet Champion

He’s a pole dancer. I’ve seen the idle animation.

7. RacketyPurse

RacketyPurse Champion

the camel verse is called rumbling, however I like how Egyptian spearmans are designed, you will probably have to be able to wear the right item to give it the right touch. as for the kopesh swordsman I know it's a pity that the units can only be used through an advisor, like many other units I would have included them in their training points without the need for their advisors. however the game will not die overnight, there may be a change in the future about something that satisfies everyone

8. Anthos88

Anthos88 Spearman

You are mistaking my post i am not asking Celeste for anything, it just somethings that i really dislike the Spearmen looks nothing like it should.

9. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Militaries were typically better fed than their civilian (or slave) equivalents otherwise they'd be terrible soldiers. Can't put on any mass or have the energy to travel long distances eating nothing. Perhaps they're all (sans the celt) a bit too bulky, but we all know only one gender gets to gripe about how their body shapes are portrayed in fantasy media :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice