Villager Rush (Norse)

Discussion in 'PvP General Discussion' started by Fraxure022, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

Would anybody mind telling me how to predict and counter a villager rush as the Norse? It may seem silly, but I keep getting trashed by this strategy.

2. Loading...

3. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

When the game starts, send your Melee Scout to kill your huntables but make sure to keep him on your half of the map. You can use your Ranged Scout to kill one set of huntables but after that you should send him over to your opponent's side of the map. If they're not gathering stone OR making a barracks, it's likely that they are going to do the Villager rush strategy you described.

Defending a Villager rush is easier than you think. Send some Villagers to gather stone (without a Storehouse) and make sure you have 1-2 on Wood. Keep repairing your Town Center until your opponent's rush fails and you auto-win the game.

Good luck.

P.S. I have included a complete set of tips for the early game in the official PvP guide inside the Sparta UI. Make sure to check it out.

4. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

The lack of Stone gathering seems to be my issue. I’ll try this out. Thanks.

5. WiriWout

WiriWout Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

In addition, you should commit the rest of your non-gathering villagers to the defense. Most should be killing the opponent's villagers, and a few should be repairing.

6. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Watch this, but substitute the range (no bowmen til age 3 on Norse) for an earlier barracks and get throwing axemen out instead
    wish I got villager rushed more often tbh lol

7. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Champion

You can also build barrak and houses around your tc, best on the offensive side

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice