"Random Map Caused a Random Exception"

Discussion in 'Misc' started by LostHeaven, Nov 21, 2019.

1. LostHeaven

LostHeaven Villager

Hello all.

As this is my first post here, I'd like to say hello to the community and everyone involved in this project. I played AoEO back in the day and wasn't really captivated by it, quitting shortly after. It was only some years after the servers shut down that I understood the concept of the game and always wished I had given it a chance. Thanks to you, this is now possible again, so here I am.

I just installed the game according to the instructions in your website (https://www.projectceleste.com/install). Everything seems to be working well until I try to play a skirmish or quest. Every time the map loads, I'm greeted with an error message stating that "Random Map" followed by what I assume is the name of the map's file, and "Caused a Random Exception":

[​IMG]

I tried reinstalling the game, triple checking that I'm following the steps correctly, but it's still happening. Has this happened to anyone before?

Thanks in advance

2. Loading...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice