PVE Players new Ranking System

Discussion in 'PvE Tips & Tutorials' started by PedroAlmeida72, Aug 24, 2018.

1. PedroAlmeida72

PedroAlmeida72 Woad Raider

A friend of mine in this game (Deltauria) came up with an idea for a PLAYERS RANKING SYSTEM wich i personally thing its a great idea. I've written a doc file with an explanation of that concept. I would love if you guys could read it and express your opinion on it:

We could have a PVE players ranking system in this game. It would be a way of understanding the kind of gameplay a player has, before accepting making co-op with him in a legendary quest, or a direct way of understanding in the trade or general channels who are the players that have sufficient experience to be certain of something about the game (gear, average prices, right gear to use on each building or unit, questions about quests, strategies, etc.). With this new ranking system, players could have an orientation on “who really knows about this game – experienced players” so that their word would be more or less credible.

At least in the last 2 months ive seen many new players are coming to play AOEO celeste and they are completely lost. I’ve been checking in the trade or general, some of them making some basic questions and they got completely stupid questions from other noob players that simply don’t even know what are they talking about. And in my opinion the major problem is that if new players are not well oriented they gave up AOEO celeste to play some other different game.

The idea was to have players ranked by 5 different cathegories like many other things in this game: COMMON, UNCOMMON, RARE, EPIC and LEGENDARY class players. The color of each player’s nickname in the trade and general windows should change to the respective color ( being COMMON – white, UNCOMMON – green, RARE - blue, EPIC - purple, LEGENDARY - orange).

We could have this ranks listed publicly, including the info on the total amount of legendary quests done by each player in the same weblink where we can check the gear score for each player (https://www.projectceleste.com/profiles). In this same online place it would be possible for anyone to check the minimum requirements for each cathegory and if they where already achieved or not for a certain player (it would be a motivation to play more, so that everybody could see their achievements).

This ranking system would be a motivational thing, so the players would play more quests, to achieve a better rank and be recognized by the community as more experienced players (it would even create a certain competition on the total times each players have made successfully each one of the legendary quests and their average completion times per quest).

The starting cathegory when a player starts to play this game, opening a civilization should be COMMON.

So, my purposal for the minimum achievements to reach each one of the cathegories should be:

UNCOMMON:
    at least one civilization achieving level 40.

RARE:
    at least 2 civilizations achieving level 40 OR
    having completed 2 different alliance quests plus 2 different legendary quests succesfully.

EPIC:
    having 5 DIFFERENT legendary quests made successfully.

LEGENDARY:
    5 New Rebellion Legendary done
    5 Traitors Legendary done
    5 Sardes Legendary done
    5 Mileto Legendary done
    5 Cataclysm Legendary done
    5 Soloi Legendary done
    5 Paphos Legendary done
    5 Marion Legendary done

(4 of these 8 legendary quests requirements listed should be achieved, plus having been completed in the average time of 45 mins or less).

This sytem could be adapted and done in the PVP mode too (the game engine would have more data to use, joining players in battles that would have a similar gameplay experience, turning the PVP battles more balanced and fun). In PVP mode, cathegories should be created based on the wins a PVP player already has. Fo example, UNCOMMON (5 champion mode wins), RARE (10 champion mode wins), EPIC (15 champion mode wins), LEGENDARY (20 or more champion mode wins). So, if this was done, every player should have a different rank on PVE and PVP modes.

#1 PedroAlmeida72, Aug 24, 2018 at 8:39 PM
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Pharos, PaRa, rtsgamer and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Forest

Forest Long Swordsman

I already said it in discord:

If you need a legendary label to speech up... it's just poor.

FeteFatale likes this.
  4. Deltauria

Deltauria Villager

Thanks PedroAlmeida for listen my idea , a big hug.

PedroAlmeida72 likes this.
  5. PedroAlmeida72

It is not just to speech up, but also so you can choose co-op partners that might be at your gameplay level too, and know what they are doing... believe me... i play everyday and this system would be very useful for the players...
    For instance, if you are at a Legendary level and a new player want to play a legendary quest with you, he will hear your advises for making the quest succesfully, instead of thinking that he knows everything and who are you to teach him (the result sometimes is a bad gameplay experience, taking more that 1 hour to complete the legendary quest, having many discussions on the way and other times without even completing the quest. It already happened me a lot of times and its frustrating.). For now i dont want to risk again to play again a lengendary quest with a player that MIGHT not know how to do it...

#4 PedroAlmeida72, Aug 25, 2018 at 10:34 PM
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Pharos likes this.
  6. FeteFatale

FeteFatale Long Swordsman

So, how are you going to accommodate me, or other veterans of the original game who, for whatever reason aren't showing enough stats for your ranking system? I had six civs at lvl 40 when MS pulled the plug, and when it got boring I'd start up another account (since we could do that then), play on a second server, or just delete a civ and start from scratch. ... you know, getting all that experience to be able to advise newbies because I'd done the same quests a dozen times. Nowadays I want this to last, so I'm in no rush to upgrade more than one civ to level 40 ... yet a couple of weeks back (in game) I was told my opinions didn't count since I only had one maxed out civ.
    By ranking players in Trade chat (the only channel anything ever happens) you'd be chilling those who didn't reach your standard, and making the game a hostile environment for those that don't actually give a damn about your 'standards'.
    If you want to ensure that a player is up to grade for any coop it's not beyond you to actually take a look at their civ - you know, before wasting an hour on a Legendary with a n00b ... so exactly what use will ranking be?

Yea, I'm with Forest here.

Wololoo likes this.
  7. PedroAlmeida72

Believe me, my friend FeteFatale, if you are a veteran on this game (like myself), you will reach these minimum standards i purpose very fast. Even if you only have one civilization on level 40. Don't you agree?
    If you check, with only 1 civilization on level 40 and having completed 5 DIFFERENT legendary quests successfully, you would be in EPIC player ranking (just one level from top legendary). Dont you think it is very easy to achieve? But one thing is for certain, if a player can do it, he might not be a very experienced player, but at least he knows what he is doing when playing a legendary quest...

8. FeteFatale

FeteFatale Long Swordsman

No, I don't agree - because I don't actually want to reach them.
    Not everyone is consumed by whatever motivation you think they should be consumed by, and with such a ranking system I'd be even less inclined to indulge in this silly party game. ... or to engage in ingame chat.

9. Christusvincit

Christusvincit Spearman

I don't agree with the idea because it will divide the community.In fact looking at the above comments it is already dividing it.
    Human nature being what it is,this ranking will cause problems.This community is small enough without dividing it into ranks.
    At least wait till the pop. grows to where it would be practical.About 1000 online pop. or more on a regular basis.If the devs.
    decide it is a good idea at this time then so be it.

10. Sleyver

Sleyver Woad Raider

A also don't agree. Instead I would implement something to help new player. Like a new City, where you have ALL materials, that are buyable. ALL Equipment that we can buy, all quests we have in the game etc. One place to do it all.

That would help new player to find their way into the game and makes all the sellers in the market, that buy legs or materials from the shop and try to sell them in the market unnecessary.

FeteFatale likes this.
  11. Forest

Forest Long Swordsman

I never have this issue. So if you have it alot maybe you'd search the issue on yourself instead of blaming the lower experienced base of the community. Maybe you're not as experienced as you think. Just an idea..

Sleyver and FeteFatale like this.
  12. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

Hey mates,
    I would say to make the game more interesting and to win more players, it need to be invested work on it (investing time), that is a general fact in my opinion!

I like the idea to make any kind of ranking system, we can discuss about which kind of but better have to it, thats my opinion experianced by playing aoe3 for years (elo rating system)

Another question to add any kind of helping / oriantation for new player, i like the idea also...
    I remember early days on aoeo, never played leg quests, except a few, didnt knew what to do xD, until i met some players like phoenix and he/they said always the same thing when we coop, "follow me" ( so i watch out what he was doin ) and it works for me. Mean not to work for everyone... Im not well exprianced on aoeo but i have the experiance (basics) of eso aoe3 for years.

PS: Divide et impera does'nt work anymore! ;)

Soo mates i wrote my opinion.
    HF & GL ALL & invest time for the community & peace will come! ;)

#11 rtsgamer, Sep 14, 2018 at 7:11 PM
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice