Priest staff LOS

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Condoral, Oct 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Condoral

Condoral Villager

When I'm playing PvE, I see that the priests of the computer players have the old traditional staffs with LOS. What about enabling (again) such staff items for all players, obviously only for PvE games? How many people agree/disagree with me? I know that some Cloth Armor provides (only) LOS to the priests, but I suppose it would be better to include the LOS on the staff.

2. Loading...

3. Vick

Vick Spearman

This isn't really necessary if you consider the fact that our Watch Posts provide more than enough needed LOS, and that your priests won't even be the frontline in most cases, therefore the tanking units will also provide LOS.

(Oh and AI has LOS on like anything that has range, enabling this will only result in 500 LOS forts with xanthe.)

4. Condoral

Condoral Villager

Yes, but if the priest doesn't have LOS >= conversion range, then he won't attack unless you right click on the enemy unit. Example: if you have a priest with LOS 40 and range 45, he will start attacking by himself only when the enemy comes to range 40, even if the map is completely open and visible. Something like that is useless during a battle.

5. Vick

Vick Spearman

This isn't the case from my experience, with any unit that has range higher than it's own LOS.

6. Condoral

Condoral Villager

Yes, you can attack but only by right click, please correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise, the priest will attack when the enemy unit comes within his LOS range. Is my statement wrong?

7. Equilibrium

Equilibrium Champion

I agree, there is no reason to the staff having no los. Bring the los back. The argument about the scout or the fortress having enough los or getting too much los is just senseless. And the fort already does have like 300 los with advisor. So why you couldn't optimize the fort by los arrows etc. Once you are pretty advanced in this game you know the map by heart and have lots of los anyway, so why would it not be possible to actually get that los? Where is the point in rejecting this idea?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice