Praise, offline handle, longevity

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Wittfogel, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Wittfogel

Wittfogel Villager

First off, praise and glory to the people that contribute to this project!

I used it 5+ years ago, when it was Project Penelope, and now I'm back, and wow - it has matured!

Okay, so I play mostly offline skirmishes.

These points might've been addressed elsewhere, but I'll ask again.

1) Would it be possible to inject the nickname into the offline mode? Replacing the hardcoded "PROJECTCELESTE". Perhaps some old Games for Windows-stuff are giving you trouble, but it's probably a decision based on something else. If you're logged in, it could use that, or if you really want to separate the two, which might be wise, the launcher could offer the user to set an offline handle on the login screen, so that it's still usable if the project would die. This option could be sort-of hidden behind some beautiful button.

2) Which brings me to this second point. My civilization from 5+ years ago is still there. Probably a better track record, or close to, than Microsoft at this point. Since I'm sort of OCD about redundancy/RAID/backups and such, I'm sort of hesitant to invest time into ANY online service. Would it be possible just to get an overview of the backend architecture? And - will my civilization still be around in 10 years, you think?

Let's pray and hope so.

Again, a fantastic job.

Thanks.

#1 Wittfogel, Jan 9, 2023 at 1:52 PM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  2. Loading...