No audio (Linux)

Discussion in 'Installation' started by Adval, Nov 22, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Adval

Adval Villager

I recently stumbled upon Celeste and it instantly got my attention since I had tried out the original game just before they took it offline. However, I can't get audio working at all. There's not a single sound, not a beep - not in the menu, not ingame. I tried fooling around with the game's audio settings but that didn't help. Does the game have any audio dependencies it requires?

Nowadays I'm gaming on Linux and I got the game otherwise working with WINE (except for offline mode which for some reason doesn't work at all) by following some previous tips from posts in this forum (installing dotnet45, dotnet471, l3codecx, d3dx9_40 and vcrun2015 with winetricks for those who might stumble upon this while looking for help). The posts reported no audio problems so I'm wondering if I'm just missing some vital Windows audio library or something. I already tried installing XAudio (xact and switching overrides to both native and native, builtin for xaudio2_7) and DirectSound + DirectMusic through winetricks but neither helped. I also tried Proton through Steam but I can't get the Celeste launcher to start at all with that one so no help there.

Has anyone had a similar problem on Windows or does someone know what audio library the game uses? Alternatively, if someone has the game fully working on Linux, I would appreciate step-by-step instructions for making it work. :)

2. Loading...