New Item Search

Discussion in 'Sell' started by n4bb12, Jan 16, 2018.

1. n4bb12

n4bb12 Spearman

Hey,

if you are looking for a convenient item search, try
    https://items.projectceleste.com/

It is similar to aoedb.net but more snappy and lets you search by name, slot, quality, level, effects, materials, currency and shops.

It displays crafting materials if the item is craftable and currency, price and shop name if it is purchasable.
    It also displays item stat ranges, which is quite convenient for all you traders out there.

You can bookmark searches and share them with friends.

Have fun and let me know what you think :)!

Wuu

#1 n4bb12, Jan 16, 2018 at 5:39 PM
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. Loading...

3. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

Really cool website bro, good job and thanks for the link. Will visit often.

#2 bbgambini, Jan 17, 2018 at 8:25 AM
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. t31os

t31os Berserker

Love the way the search function works on that website, really is a joy to use.

One note, the + and - stat ranges have the symbols around the wrong way, nerfed stats show a plus and boosted stats show a minus.

5. n4bb12

n4bb12 Spearman

Thanks for your feedback!
    I'm not sure what you mean with +/-, could you perhaps share a screenshot?

6. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

@ t31os... I think you are reading it wrongly.

eg
    Medal of Lycurgus
    • Conversion Resistance:+183.1% +173.9 – 192.2%
    max. nerf is conversion resistance +173.9
    max buff is conversion resistance +192.2

the " – " against the max buff stat. isn't signifying a -ve sign but a range
    read it as range = + (173.9 – 192.2) or + (173.9 to 192.2)

7. t31os

t31os Berserker

Oh i see and appreciate the explanation(you're right i was reading it incorrectly), i didn't realise it was to signify a range. I do think it's confusing to write it that way given how values have positive and negative indicators shown beside them.

8. t31os

t31os Berserker

Your scepter stats are missing an additional multiplier when calculating stats.

Code:
    if( effect action = empower )
        your_already_calculated = your_already_calculated * 11;
    Do your scaling/level/amount stat calculation as normal then simply tack an empower check on after and multiply by 11 if true.

In my own code i have a line that reads like this.

Code:
    if( $empower )
        $result *= 11; // Shorthand multiplication
    $empower is set in the call to the function that does stat calculation, either true or false(based on whether the effect action is equal to Empower). $result is the stat the function has already calculated.

If anyone(not the site owner) is now pulling out their calculator and trying to multiply stats read from the site using a calculator(and doing value * 11), you're missing a second decimal number for that stat, so your result may be a bit off.

9. n4bb12

n4bb12 Spearman

#8 n4bb12, Apr 30, 2018 at 11:10 AM
    Last edited: May 4, 2018
  10. t31os

t31os Berserker

Still loving your website, it's very responsive and it's great using the intelligent search feature, makes finding items a breeze.

Not sure how many people have seen most of the new items, you've let the cat out the bag now. :)

11. BananaAcid

BananaAcid Villager

Some improvements I believe the site could benefit from:

Mouse over (title attributes) would be helpful - there are numbers to the right on each card, I have no idea what they are. So just naming the fields with a title tag (shows up after a sec, does not disturb browsing) would be really help newbies.

Would be nice, if the buttons would be clicked again to remove the active state.

btw: on windows machines, there is a permanent scroll bar. overflow-y should be 'auto' to show the scrollbar only if it is needed. Or use something simple like 'perfect scrollbar js'.

Awesome design/layout, super responsive, perfect handling of small screens (mobile) !

12. n4bb12

n4bb12 Spearman

Hi BananaAcid, thanks for your great suggestions.

I left the team a while ago and the search page is now maintained by someone else. But I'm more than happy to answer your points.

They show the +/- 5% range that each item stat can have. This is especially useful for traders, as the position within this range greatly influences the price.

Agreed, that would add some convenience. For now, there is an X button that appears at the end of the button list whenever a category is active.

The overflow-y: scroll; was intentional because the live-search constantly causes the SB to show/hide which causes layout jumps. 'perfect scrollbar js' is what I was looking for :rolleyes:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice