Never see the norse anywhere?

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by BigusDickus, Feb 18, 2020.

1. BigusDickus

BigusDickus Villager

The Norse seem to be pretty weak compared to the other Civs, their log throwers are horrible compared to palintonons and I never see them on the leader boards. Cavalry are pretty basic, and during legendary missions infantry balls always get shredded. Are they worth gearing up?

2. Loading...

3. FinishedBlock21

FinishedBlock21 Hippikon

Norse are a strong and fun civ. I've made quite a few vids with them, check out my youtube channel and twitch for pve.

For pvp:

Aaron likes this.
  4. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Norse weak? :confused:
    They are an Infantry based civ
    They lack long range seige but suckus, They do not-us. ;) Their Berzerkers are like mini elephants.

5. FocusNut

FocusNut Spearman

Yeah, Norse army is OP. Especially berserkers are almost 3 times stronger than elephants per pop. But Norse is not versatile like Egypt or Greek due to lack of siege (ships and palintonons). But nevertheless they are fun to play in their own way. In fact they are probably only civ you can just throw army head on against elites and expect to win. Even elephants don't stand a chance..

If you play quests that requires siege ships or palis then they don't do well.

6. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Very much agree. My elephants deals 80 damage, my berserkers deals 150 for half the population. Both are area of effect. Sure they have 1/2 as much HP per pop compared to elephants, but they erase everything, including bosses, which elephants have trouble against. Just asking, are you building forward barracks with your berserkers and continuously reinforcing your front lines (like pressing 5ffff every 30 seconds)? Also, what are you using that gets your infantry ball shredded in legendaries? I don't have that problems with berserkers, champions, and even to a lesser extent royal guards (though they are not as durable as the former).

#5 Aaron, Feb 19, 2020 at 5:41 AM
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  7. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Don't sit on throwing axemen lategame unless you're playing an infantry+dogs build (and that's only viable in pve with a vemundr build). Either move to bowmen for more range or harjars for more tankiness if you need to deal with infantry. Ulfedinns are your friend for anything else, and being able to creep your forts and production forward without bringing up any workers is also something Norse can do the other civs can't :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice