Minigames

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by smileyguyx, Aug 17, 2018.

?

What is your favorite Minigame(s)?

1. Trivia

5 vote(s)
    38.5%
  2. Riddles

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Heads and Tails

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  4. Arbitrary task

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  5. Odd One Out

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  6. I Spy variation

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  7. Story Time

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. smileyguyx

smileyguyx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hello everyone!
    You might have noticed me running some games in chat! Things like Trivia, or Riddles, or weird things like shouting words out. Here will the rules that I use, and will update as a I go along

I will announce the start of the games, and give a short time to be ready. Before an activity, I will give a quick heads up (eg ne"next question!").
    First to answer clearly and correctly, in general chat.
    Depending on how quick a reply is, I may award the prize to the most accurate spelling.
    If there are multiple answers, I will take only your first one unless no-one else has gives the right answer.
    A prize is an item(s) and will be mailed to you (as some people are in combat). They'll be random and include items of Uncommon (stacks that you can trade for EP) to Legendary quality, in no particular distribution. Item value probably ranges from 1k to 10k.
    If it becomes a bit iffy, I'll distribute at my discretion although I'll try to be as fair as possible.
    If someone is winning too many, I will award to the next eligible person.

Here's what I usually run through:

Trivia. Answer the question correctly. It may or may not be Age of Empires related. Stats are pulled from online sources but you can challenge results if you disagree. Example: How much base HP does a Hoplite have? '340' according to aoeo wiki, would be acceptable. Suppose that in-game the tech tree lists it as 350, you can bring it up and i'll check it out.

Riddles. Answer the 'riddle' correctly and with enough clarity. I'll usually be looking for a singular answer, but clever solutions are also considered. Example: When is a door not a door? "When it's a-jar" (in this case i would not accept just 'ajar')

Heads and Tails. Guess a word given some letters and length. Example: Begins with H ends in E, 7 letters. 'Hoplite' would be a valid answer.

Arbitrary task. Do something. Example: call out "Cheers!" in chat. People who type it without the quotes, with the exclamation mark and capital would win.

Odd One Out. You'll get a list of things, you need to determine an outlier and a reason why. I'll have one in mind, but if you have a valid reason, you'll likely get something too. Example: [A, B, c], c is different since it isn't in capitals.

I Spy variation. You'll be directed to one of my Cities. Right click my name, View Empire. Then you'll be asked to count something. You may also be directed to a certain section. Example: On the very right is a clump of trees. How many "Potted Palm Trees" are here?

Lotto. Feeling lucky?

Story Time. I'll provide a very short "story". Then i'll ask questions about it.

#1 smileyguyx, Aug 17, 2018 at 4:12 PM
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice