Leg Cataclysm - Greeks - Solo

Discussion in 'PvE Tips & Tutorials' started by Geese, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Geese

Geese Berserker

Hey Guys,

This is my take on Leg Cataclysm from Argos. Fairly straightforward quest. It's easiest to do on Egyptians but you can make it work on any civ. Let me know your thoughts.

2. Loading...

3. t31os

t31os Berserker

Interesting, hadn't thought about using the research advisor and tech to hit age 4 that bit quicker (certainly looks to take the pressure off getting to age 4 super fast). I think the second TC probably works great if you do go councilman instead of ammon and save a junk of those starting resources.

I can see ammon and tryphon working better if you're playing coop and just going boats as player 1, solo i'd probably swap those out for councilman and timo.

Geese likes this.
  4. Geese

Geese Berserker

Yeah you absolutely hit the nail on the head. I was thinking the same too, the 2nd TC is much more forgiving with Onesiphoros. Ammon isn't that necessary. The reason why I used Ammon is to show that the secondary is possible without Onesiphoros which as you know can be a rather expensive advisor for most new players to afford. Another option could even be Ship Explorer Pytheas to reduce the wood cost of ships; its a more affordable advisor and can act as a psuedo-Onesi.

And yes that's what I do in coop. In coop p1 usually goes full navy so you can invest heavier into naval specific options.

For soloing however I have to balance the advisors out because I have to do both tasks. Given I had 38 seconds left I could have even done without Tryphon age 4 and gone with Timo to make the land job easier.

With Egyptians I definitely skip Tryphon and go for Chariot Rider. Elephants tend to get shredded by all their spearmen and prodomi.

5. t31os

t31os Berserker

I gave it a shot and it definitely seems like a better and less time sensitive method to taking that fort out, for greeks at least, plus it feels like a stronger opening for eco.

I always go eles as egypt (it's just an easy build), spam enough elephants and they do cut through the counters soon enough(armory upgrades asap helps), if you can focus down the stables / barracks initially you'll have less spears and promos to deal with.

6. Geese

Geese Berserker

Yeah I was surprised too and it is very strong for the eco too as you mentioned.

The reason why I go chariot archers is because I destroy all their production buildings with catapult triremes so all I have left is a mass of spearmen/prodomi left at the end so it's just more efficient for me to take chariot archers rather than spam elephants. Don't have to deal with waves coming since the buildings are all gone so the chariot archers make short work of the army and are faster at getting the treasures as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice