Halloween Quest difficulty

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by Kaleygh, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Kaleygh

Kaleygh Villager

Hey! First of all, thank you for reviving and updating this amazing game. I recently started playing on Celeste, and wanted to try some of the Halloween event quests. Are any of the quests new player friendly ? I tried repeatedly the one where you defend a village, but i get completely swarmed and my units just get wiped.
    Are the quests meant for people that are level 40 with top gear, or do i need to just get better at the game ? I suspect the latter, but i would love to hear any tips you guys have for someone that only played for a week or so :)

Ardeshir, ΚΛƬΛ and WobbleDee like this.
  2. Loading...

3. out4blood

out4blood Spearman

The legendaries are easy in coop so you don't need to have the best gear to complete them :) I only did 2 of the 3 repeatables (tomb that tomb and don't get bahram embalmed) and they are doable only 'on your gourd' quest is harder but you can coop that i think.

Kaleygh and Ardeshir like this.
  4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

When in doubt, coop it out

Kaleygh and Jeinx like this.
  5. Kaleygh

Kaleygh Villager

Thank you for the answers :) I finally managed to do the one with the headless horseman and the tower defense :)

Exclusive0r likes this.
  6. DiabloEscobar

DiabloEscobar Spearman

send one worker to each lane, build multiple walls to block them off (at least 3) and then upgrade the walls. by the time they get through, its over.

its the best way solo, i think. really easy.

Kaleygh and Exclusive0r like this.
  7. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Walls and Twrs, ranged , with the right advisors is how I cracked it too:)

Kaleygh likes this.
  8. MainMan B

MainMan B Berserker

I have the same problem. And the quests he mentioned aren't legendary, so they should NOT be hard. And unfortunately, the same goes for almost all other quests in all the other mappacks. And I think it has to do with the fact, that the computer ai has become more and more overpowered with each new update to the game. I found the balance, to be MUCH-MUCH better, before the updates. But of course, that's just my opinion.

Kaleygh likes this.
  9. Fraxure022

Fraxure022 Berserker

I would agree that they are slightly overtuned. I’m very tempted to let Bahram be embalmed at this point.

10. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Guys Guys ... with a game like this there will always be "Too Hard" to "Too Easy", the problem is loosing all the time , it's naturally too hard.
    But it's a Strat game , so swap advisors , try new tactics , try cosumables , a different army build.....
    Obviously Im speaking as someone who played this from the beginning 7 or 8 yrs (I forget) , but if everyone can win every quest 1st time .... then it's a bit dull.
    It took me a few goes to win this one and Im still struggling with Celts (walls) but I kept trying different builds after noticing how much you get to start (big clue but I was too excited to notice )

So go with Diablo .... :):)

Cracked me up ..... LoL :)

But Bahram has many friends and watch out , for those who jest on the name of Bahram may well feel the blade of an assassin late at night when they least expect .. LoL

Kaleygh likes this.
  11. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

It's definitely overtuned. I found the legendary easier than the minigame. That says something.

Exclusive0r and WobbleDee like this.
  12. WobbleDee

WobbleDee Long Swordsman

RE: On Your Gourd! ... following a strategy of multiple layers of walls around the ally town center seemed to work well for me as well. I rushed to Age 3, upgraded walls and tried to build 3 layers. The mummies seemed to be pre-occupied with attacking the walls or just standing around. I don't even build any towers or additional buildings other than some houses for villagers.

This adviser helps: Fence Builder Bes

#11 WobbleDee, Oct 27, 2019 at 4:59 PM
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Kaleygh and Exclusive0r like this.
  13. WobbleDee

WobbleDee Long Swordsman

RE: Don't Let Bahram Be Embalmed ... On Egyptians I used these advisers: Apprentice Mason Philon, Stalwart Lieutenant Panhsj, Senior Mason Stephanos, and Darius. I struggled with it a bit before I swapped out advisers. Even if you don't have all of them it can probably be pulled off with 2 of those 4 advisers.

It was very easy with these advisers and geared towers. On one run I even had 14 villagers alive at the end, which were handy for building towers to raid those two guardian chests.

#12 WobbleDee, Oct 27, 2019 at 5:20 PM
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  14. MainMan B

MainMan B Berserker

Yes that makes sense; and also shows how good the game is, you can alter so many things strategiatly on so many levels.

Exclusive0r likes this.
  15. WobbleDee

WobbleDee Long Swordsman

Which legendary?

16. Aaron

Aaron Berserker

Took me less tries to do Fright Club and Finest Horror in comparison.

Exclusive0r and WobbleDee like this.
  17. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I now build loads of Twrs and have a repair team of vills on the walls I have loads of vills and few ranged

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice