Gear Guide - Part 1 - Shared Units and Buildings

Discussion in 'PvE Tips & Tutorials' started by Aryzel, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

Hey all,
    I've being doing some analysis on gear since I started playing to help me make good choices and I'm trying to knock it into good enough shape to be shared and useful to the community. I'm splitting into a different area at a time and hopefully build up something decent for people.

This first part is on common units, Villagers, Caravans, Fishing boats, Transports and all Buildings. Have a look through the attached sheet and let me know what you think and what mistakes I've made. The maths/analysis is mainly on the right so you might need to scroll your columns a bit to see it all.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...o61pzQyDTPILsaH6f_XTx-fXo/edit#gid=2138260370

Some notes, to give a quick summary and things of interest:
    - Not a huge difference in effect between the Kaveh and Divine Construction hammers, but Construction is a bit better.

- Training time is the way to go on villagers, the cheap Goibniu's Mead is almost perfect and if you never upgrade from that you are fine.

- For buildings cost is normally much better than build time, with the exception of Town Center where you need to factor in the extra speed you'll get villagers out in.

- The difference between basic items you get for 1-5k compared to what you can spend 200k on is really minor, talking 1-3 resources per game.

- Storehouses have a decent base line of sight, so if you put LOS gear on them they are pretty nice for a small resource cost.

- 2 villagers build something 25% faster than 1. 3 build it 40% faster, 4 build it 50% faster (ie in half the time). Not much point using more than 4 villagers and if you can be efficient and build with just 1 villager per building then you'll probably save more resources than having max gear on them.

Just to emphasis, this is my review of gear and I think its pretty solid, but its definitely not definitive. Other players have more experience and clever ideas and so parts might need correcting. But if you're new to the game and want to know how to I gear with all these options around, well this should help. Next post will be in a week or two on Norse units. I've also some sheets on materials and gearing while levelling up that I hope to share soon.

Edit: To see more info on items look at:
    https://search.projectceleste.com/
    https://unitstats.projectceleste.com/

#1 Aryzel, Nov 28, 2019 at 7:34 PM
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Alzerus likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. coolblade23

coolblade23 Champion

Delian Adept's Hood for max on caravans , not the zakh amulet
    Legion Recruit's Fortifications for max on tower damage (derp cheap as well)

4. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

Never noticed those items before!! Nice :)

Would the Fortifications still be picked over Kronos walls for Fortress? I feel maybe Kronos for health at small dmg cost?

5. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

Very good work but a couple of things to consider:

- Some civs, Greek in particular do better with a wood bonus on the villagers rather than food so you should consider Worker's Cloth & Ancient Trojan Guard Chiton as alternate vill cloth armors.

- Egypt is generally about producing ellies quickly so a training manual on the fortress is preferable to a "build it cheaper or quicker" construction addition.

Otherwise all looking very good & I look forward to the next installment.

6. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

Good points Wololoo thanks, have added notes for those things.

7. CrimsonCantab

CrimsonCantab Berserker

Legion Recruit's Fortifications has higher damage % than any other Reinforced Construction. There's also Reinforced Walls, that have a whopping Crit %, doing more effective damage than any of the +dmg% gear, but it doesn't give any HP.

8. Geese

Geese Berserker

I see you have a long range focus on forts. Forts are better used for Los because they have high base Los. The only exception being Egyptian Fort as it trains their main unit.

Bis gear for Los would be the Norse Los bow (uldyr all seeing bow something like that) - legendary craft able Los arrows - master defender walls and look outs of Olympus. That would be the norm for Babs, Greeks and Persians which are Palintonon heavy civs. For Celts and Norse, dps or range specs are fine.

For Norse fort, ice king arrows are actually nice to slow enemies so that they take more volleys and more burn damage.

Also for caravans, it could be personal preference but I use Aegean on all civs because often times you can position markets in most legendaries to get max gold or around 120-130 which turns into max once you research saddle bags. In that case the trade bonus from Nile log becomes obsolete. It would be superior in tight maps like Soloi or lower Nile but quests like that are few and far between.

Geese

9. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

Thats a good point on LOS for fortresses, I've mainly played Norse and Celts so didn't think of it that way, will do a pass on updating the sheets once i've last 2 civs done.

I've done some tests with caravans but have a bit more to do on testing effectiveness of various stats for those guys, but will update them when I've done that and check out your point on that.

10. Aman

Aman Woad Raider

Good guide,
    couple of thoughts...
    Fishing Boat: Hull of the Dolphin / Khufu, as their cost can slow down your economy.
    Caravans: Aegean Trader Contract or the budget version Hyenna Wraped Gaff, as speed outperforms other stats.
    Storehouse: - Blueprints are far better than lookouts, especially for early game... it is a minor difference, but it is a difference, and I dont think the LOS of storehouse matters when there is a watchpost somewhere revealing the map...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice