By PF2K on Jul 4, 2020 at 10:29 AM
  1. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
    Staff Member Administrator

Header_-_DevUpdate_2020-07-04.png
    Hello there Celeste players! It's me and I'm back again with another Developer Update blog. Did you miss me yet?

Here, we are going to spotlight a few of the important changes that are coming in the next patch, alongside some updates about the Roman Civilization and also the Summer Event for this year.

Quality of Life Changes and Bug Fixes
    ==================================
    Metalworking_QoL.png
    This is something that has been a point of confusion for many new players. The Celts are the only civilization that have access to a crafting school exclusive to them. This makes it so that players would ideally want to have this crafting school alongside one more, since each civilization can learn up to a maximum of 2 crafting schools.

This change aims to help reduce this confusion and to better guide players towards making their crafting school choices.

GatesQoL.png
    (PF2K's Personal Note: I'm really excited about this change! It's a pretty annoying bug but now it's gone. That pesky little dear in Paphos will never stop you from making a gate again!)
    An annoyance left over from the original game, whenever there is a unit standing right next to a long wall piece, it makes it so that you cannot transform that wall piece into a gate. Sometimes, this is your own unit, sometimes it's an enemy unit and sometimes it's a gaia animal. Either way, this annoying bug is now fixed and starting from the next update, nothing will prevent the transformation of long wall pieces into gates. (Except players being unable to afford the transformation, which is 50 wood.)

Norse_War_Dog_QoL.png
    Norse War Dogs count as "Huntable" units in the in-game tooltips, however, inside the game code itself, the unit is named (by the original developers) so that it looks similar to cavalry units. (Example: Pe_Cav_Cataphract being the Persian Cataphract, and Norse War Dogs are named No_Cav_WarDog).

This makes it so that the code that handles optional objectives count War Dogs as cavalry type units and therefore leads to the "Train No Cavalry" optional objective failing when players train these units.

This has historically lead to a lot of player confusion (and frustration), especially since they have no way of knowing why it happens.

Starting next patch, this will no longer be the case.

(PF2K's Personal Note: one of the original developers actually left a comment in the game files saying that "Norse War Dogs are potentially a problem, may need review". Presumably, the game's development stopped before they were able to identify and fix this issue.)

Updates on the Romans
    ======================
    In_Blog_Picture_Base_-_DevUpdate_2020-07-04.png
    As you can see, we are well underway with our progress towards releasing the Roman civilization, but we still need more time to finish everything up.

We are looking for help especially on the Music department. If you or anyone you know can help with this, please hit me up! (Either here or on Discord).

The graphic above says it all, but in order to have another quick review of what is to come for the Romans, here are a few reminders and updates:

Campaign_Map.png
    MatsWarehouses.png
    Roman_CapCity_Vanity_Lineup.png
    Capitoline_Wolf.png
    Triumphal_Arch.png
    Pantheon.png
    Fountain_Lineup.png

Update on the Summer Event 2020
    ===============================
    Summer_Event_Update.png
    Here's a quick update on the upcoming Summer Event:

Last year, we saw 6 new event-exclusive Gear items, alongside new Vanity Gear, Capital City Decorations, Consumables, Summer Points and more. You can read about last year's Summer Event HERE

This year, all of those goodies are coming back, but we've got some new stuff added too!

Kire has helped us with new Legendary and Minigame Quests. These new Quests will still be located in Rhakotis, like the previous Quests, but they will have a new and refreshing look to them, particularly with Babylonian and Nubian themes.

Summer_Event_2020_Quests.png

Additionally, we're adding three new Gear pieces, for a total of 9 Summer Event Exclusive Gear pieces. Much like previous Events, the older Gear pieces will be obtainable by means other than before. More details about this will be released with the announcement post of the Event when it goes live.

We currently don't have an ETA on the event's release date, but we're still working on it. As you know, the development team is made up solely of volunteers who work on the game in their free time, and not everyone is able to allocate as much free time as the others can, so sometimes projects like this take extra long to complete.

All current and future content will stay 100% free and accessible to everyone.

In order to save development time, the Weekly Blogs will be posted once every two or three weeks from now on (unless something special comes up, I don't have time to make the blogs, or something else).

========
    Thank you so much for reading, and we will see you all next time!

Project Celeste Development Team

What do you think about this week's blog? What would you like to see next? Let us know in the comments below!

========
    Missed the Roman Civilization's announcement? Find out about it HERE.

Project Celeste is completely free and always will be. However, we gladly accept donations for our overhead costs, which are larger than we have budgeted. If you want to support us, you can do so HERE.

Read every Romans related blog HERE.

Tell your friends! Join our Discord HERE.
    ========

#1 PF2K, Jul 4, 2020 at 10:29 AM
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Developer Update 2020
    1. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    4. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:
    5. PF2K
      Replies:
      Views:

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by PF2K, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Pharos

Pharos Champion

o_O 3 new summer items! :eek: excellent job guys! thx again!

MainMan B, MatrixSoft, PF2K and 4 others like this.
    2. elassi

elassi Long Swordsman

That wall fix is amazing! Was super annoying whenever a villager finished building a wall lol

3. Hawkster

Hawkster Champion

Finally Summer Event has come! As a player who is waiting for the event games more than new civilization news, I am very excited to play it since it will be my first time playing seasonal event.

For one quest to ask; It seems that the Romans still have lots of work to be done, do you guys are thinking to update Summer Event before releasing Romans or starts them both at the same time?

Aside from new update, I am glad to hear to war dog and wall quality patches. Though they don't make severe problem while playing quests, it does irritates players who aren't aware of those tiny problem. ;)

#4 Hawkster, Jul 4, 2020 at 11:14 AM
      Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
      MatrixSoft and PF2K like this.
    4. SHIFENG

SHIFENG Long Swordsman

happy and thanks:)

5. ILikeMalware

ILikeMalware Villager

Romans may or may not be released this year. Definitely summer event first.

6. Pazoe

Pazoe Spearman

Wall fix is awesome, and i screwed up with the war dogs as well a few times! no more angry coop players :tongueclosed:
      Thanks for the update, i'm looking forward to the summer event. For the Romans, take your time and we will let you surprise us when it's done!

7. Christusvincit

Christusvincit Spearman

How many times did I have to patiently say to a partner"Please move your units away from the wall."How many times did my partners have
      to say " Move your Blankety units away from that wall."?How many times did those dear at sardes wander to the wall and frustrate efforts to
      put gates in before I learned to go with my scout first and kill those stupid dear so they don t wander to the wall.This update alone calls for
      a big celebration.I may have to give my donation early for this Great and wonderful work.But seriously,good job and please keep it up.Many here appreciate your efforts'.

PF2K, dmtheripper, Kire and 2 others like this.
    8. TITI38

TITI38 Long Swordsman

thank you for this!

9. Aryzel

Aryzel Immortal

Awesome work everyone!!

10. PF2K

PF2K Lead Developer
      Staff Member Administrator

Summer Event (long) before the Romans!

11. MatrixSoft

MatrixSoft Champion

Very good.
      Happy to see you again!!!

PF2K and Andy P XIII like this.
    12. CriticalCurio

CriticalCurio Long Swordsman

awesome job, love the Gate improvement, it was missing long time ago... (the milestone reset is awesome to)

PF2K likes this.
    13. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

Kind of expecting that ;);)

14. bbgambini

bbgambini Hippikon

love it!!!

PF2K likes this.
    15. Daantjuh-NL

Daantjuh-NL Woad Raider

Glad to see the update on the Romans. From the looks of it they seem reasonably completed. I guess the balancing will be a hard thing, but I trust the dev team. I also wonder how difficult the voice acting and music is. (I can already picture Andy screaming For Ceasar into a mic) Anyway good luck guys! You're almost there :)

Andy P XIII, MatrixSoft and PF2K like this.
    16. Maavax

Maavax Long Swordsman

Thanks for the news and your hard work.
      Looking forward to this summer event ! (first event for me)

17. MainMan B

MainMan B Berserker

Oh boy, how i cannot wait. And some good general improvements on the game, itself. You should be a shame of yourself, If you don't look forward to this. Incredible work, guys.

PF2K likes this.
    18. CriticalCurio

CriticalCurio Long Swordsman

Suggestion. 2 Players in 1 Civilization.

It would be cool a repeatable side quest type. Normal, Elite and Legendary version.

It was in AOE 2, two Players were controlling one Civilization.

I loved the idea, but it was the best to divide the roles, one player was focusing on economy while the other player was fighting.

It could be like that:
      1st player managing only economy. 2nd player is buying units and fighting based on first player's resources.

19. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

As it stands, AoEO is significantly simpler then AoE. You have far fewer units (And you generally just make whatever is your most powerful unit), food is infinite (Unlike AoE/AoE2, in which you have to constantly micro farms), gold is both infinite and easy to get (Via Caravan), and you can drop off ALL resources at a Storehouse, instead of needing either Mill or either of the 2 camps.

Learning how to both macro your economy AND micro your military at the same time is a crucial skill for any RTS, and I've found both of them to be much easier in AoEO then any other RTS out there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice