Connection Loss

Discussion in 'Connectivity' started by Geese, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Geese

Geese Berserker

Hello,

I just wanted to ask for some advice on how to fix a frustrating issue I'm facing. Randomly I will get disconnected from the game, usually in the middle of a quest. I've tried tracking my ping in cmd to see if my connection drops and it indeed does for just 1 packet, then resumes. But that one packet essentially means I instantly get disconnected, which is frustrating in solo play but also I'm sure quite frustrating to the player that I leave hanging when I DC in the middle of a quest.

Is there anything I can do on my end to prevent this? I play on an ethernet connection and not wifi if that helps.

Thank you.

2. Loading...

3. t31os

t31os Berserker

Had a similar issue with a second system here, and the only difference from one system(mine - working) and the other was that i used an alternative DNS server instead of the ISPs DNS server, have since switched from using the ISPs DNS server and moved that system to also using OpenDNS(Google DNS is also an option) and it seems to have resolved the issue on the problem system.

Can't guarantee it will help in your case but it's a relatively easy thing to change and worth a shot.

Geese likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice