civ additions, game play additions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GenXDNA, Feb 7, 2018.

1. GenXDNA

GenXDNA Spearman

Id like to suggest some additions to the game that I believe would bring more strategy and options to playing matches in PVE.

1. Add in a catapult ship adviser card that would allow you to craft catapult ships in a dock at age 4 for civs who do not have that option. Some of the quests require these ships and when they are not available it makes it difficult to win a match. It could be a legendary card and they would be called Champion Trireme Catapult Ships. The card adviser could be named Commander Themistocles

2. Add in a way for norse civ to be able to upgrade longhouses. Longhouses provide more pop than a reg house but that is a feature to the norse civ. Even so they are large and take up a lot of space. Id like to see long houses have 2 upgrades to increase pop per house by 5 each time. first upgrade costing 200 stone, wood, second upgrade costing 300 stone and wood. When fully upgrade each longhouse would provide 20 pop.

3. We need a star marker for explorers so we can find them on the mini map if they get lost. We also need a way to summon a new explorer if they get killed in the town center.

#1 GenXDNA, Feb 7, 2018 at 10:22 PM
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Loading...

3. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

1.)
    I don't think this is necessary. Bombarding enemy island with Catapult/Ballista Trireme is just an option to win the quest or make it easier. Every nation can land their troops and crash the enemy base with rams. Some nation have Catapult ships, some not. This make them different.
    Here is my strategy with Celts and Norse:
    1. Secure the landing zone on enemy island with Swanships/Longships
    2. Unload the Champions+Rams+Druids or Berserkers+Farbjodr+Chief army from the Merchant Ships and start to crash the nearest buildings
    3. Unload the Stone/Log Throwers and destroy everything
    4. Win
    And don't forget the fact: these civs didn't use catapult ships in the history...

2.)
    This isn't necessary too. Yes, the Longhouses are bigger than the regular Houses, but they provide garrison for your villagers. If you build them on a right place, you can save you villagers much easier than the others. This advantage balanced with the bigger size.

3.)
    I support this! Training a new scout at the TC will be helpful when the previous one run into an enemy Fortress by mistake. 200Gold training cost with 1 built limit will be fine.
    (Special Ability: Recon Man is useable only for Greek... Isn't fair)

4. GenXDNA

GenXDNA Spearman

1. yes you can still "force your way into an island but some leg quests go on for more than an hour due to AI having lots of fortresses/towers which can be difficult to penetrate. If the catapult ship card is for age 4 than it requires a player to forfeit a different card in order to use it. Second i'd like to make note that you can craft epic fire ships and use them with all civs that do not have them, so why would it only be fair for fire ship uses but not catapult ships?? I believe it would be a positive addition to the pve part of the game.

2. Longhouses do garrison villagers and due to that fact what if the upgrade would remove that ability in order to gain more pop support, thus again it would be based off of strategy when making the decision to do so.

3. yes yes, thank you for agreeing with this one.

5. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

OK. Legendary quests are hard. This is why are they legendary. But why are you play with Norse and Celts if you can't or don't want to play without Catapult Ships? Why are you don't play with Greeks or Egypt in these quest? Sorry, but adding a non-historical unit with Advisor Card and mass-produce them just for your comfort isn't will be good for the game.
    But as you noted, some other units are available by Consumables. These Catapult Ships should be usable as a Consumable item too. Spawn 1 or 2 ships at the target location with cooldown still better than mass-producing a unit from another civ. It's just ruin the feeling of the uniqueness of the civ.
    BTW I'm just a player like you and I told my opinion about this. The decision isn't mine. ;)

#4 Kulcsos12, Feb 9, 2018 at 8:57 PM
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    FeteFatale likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice