CelesteDev Quest Playtesting

Discussion in 'PvE General Discussion' started by NCSGeek, Feb 25, 2018.

?

Opinion on the Quests?

1. Positive

100.0%
  2. Negative (Please Comment Why!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here are the 3 instances that I've streamed the playtesting of the quests that are in-progress. You can view the VODs here

For furture streams, check either Andy's Stream or My Stream

Feedback is very wanted! Feel free to post any here, or post any quests. Either I, Andy, Musictopia, or someone can answer you!

2. Loading...

3. MegaDerpLord

MegaDerpLord Spearman

Ok so I wanted to add some notes about The Battle of Opis particularly when playing as the Norse.
    Playing the Battle of Opis as the Norse was for me very difficult. I managed to succeed but it was a 2 hour 10 minute slug fest. The main problems I had with it were the overpowering Biremes and the Extremely long ranged towers. The problem is that their are no Palintonon options that can kite these buildings but in retrospect that was minor in comparison to the overpowering (probably relative to Norse) Biremes. Log throwers didn't work out as they didn't have the range to deal with them, mobs of skirmishers and archers didn't work out either as they were wiped out. At the 45 minute mark I did manage to carve out for myself a tiny amount of breathing room to build docks so I could build Fire ships in a small section of the map. For more narrower passages i had to send waves of land units which were very quickly wiped out. Ultimately I won the battle of Opsis by sending constant waves upon constant waves of Berserkers, skirmishers and chiefs which I had to constantly build over and over again as attacking armies just kept getting massacred primarily by the Biremes. I strongly believe that either the Biremes need to be nerfed or their needs to be more breathing room along the shore lines to allow for a little bit more maneuverability in dealing with the biremes.

I will add that I also had the same tower problem with previous missions as all Norse units had to be in range of the tower to deal with it. I don't think this is an issue for other civs barring maybe the Celts as they also do not have the Palintonons either. My personal suggestions are either one of the following: Keep the missions the same but perhaps increase the XP and Empire Points gain since relative to other missions you don't get as much XP for doing a simpler shorter mission instead or to possibly nerf the towers (probably life or dmg but not range). I do appreciate that this content is up and I hope you guys keep going at it.

#2 MegaDerpLord, Apr 16, 2018 at 5:41 AM
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    NCSGeek and Ryddag like this.
  4. musictopia

musictopia Game Developer

The next update will have some nerfs for the special units. Thanks for your feedback.

MegaDerpLord likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice