1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
By Ryddag on Nov 14, 2017 at 8:10 PM
  1. Ryddag

Ryddag Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator

launcher_v2.jpg
    New Features:

• News Block: See latest news about Celeste directly from the launcher (WIP).
    • Game Scanner: Allow to easily install/update/repair game files (An quick scan will be run each time you launch the game using the launcher).
    • Updater: The launcher will now auto-update on start if a new version is available.

Note: Game update and launcher update will now be separate with those last two new features available to handle them.

Enhancements:
    • Common: UI Redesigned.
    • Login: Add Auto-Login option.
    • MP Settings: Add an option to set manually an IP ("Connection Type = Other").
    • MP Settings: Improve option "LAN Only".
    Download: https://github.com/ProjectCeleste/Celeste_Launcher/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0

Andy P XIII likes this.
?

What do you think about the new launcher?

1. It's great!

41 vote(s)
    83.7%
  2. It looks okay

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. I don't like it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I hate it! Go back to the old one!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Ryddag, Nov 14, 2017.

1. GiveUAnxiety

GiveUAnxiety Moderator

Very nice all around, the auto updater was definitely needed and is really nice to see. Great job

t31os and Andy P XIII like this.
    2. t31os

t31os Villager

Nice work, this will definitely make updating much easier and lessen support queries regarding updates.

I do think it would be nice to see the game version listed in the launcher again, and not quite as important to be listing the launcher version. If you're going to list a version in the launcher please label it so it's clear what the version refers to, as the two could be confused by people not familiar with the launcher or new to the project. I would personally like to see the game version placed where the launcher version currently is, with a label, and the launcher version tagged to the bottom(left) of the launcher window in smaller text (i think it's clear enough without a label if the game version is labelled).