Buy back from vendor when sell wrong items...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ByFstugan, Nov 4, 2021.

1. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Hi. I dunno how many times I've sold event materials by mistake due to all moving in and out of vault with right-click and also at same time need to sell crap-chests to store with right-click after quests - since it's same command with just different boxes up it's a very easy mistake to make it seems, at least for me though I usally haven't done this before. Once I got dev-help <3 to fix many days of work (I sold about 80/80/8000/8000 by mistake) - but we can't bug devs for all such mistakes.

In the old days you could buy back a serie of things (it might have reseted when relog then, but even that is good if it doesn't happen if you drop or relog before realize) - I dunno why that was removed - but isn't it possible to get back? Since game mechanic is such that it's so similar to put into vault and to sell to store, there really should be a simple way as it was in original game to retract such mistakes.

2. Loading...

3. purpleganja

purpleganja Berserker

Glad to hear you got your mats back. This is nearly a phobia of mine. I always double and triple check when i right click valuable stuff around and i wait a few seconds between clicks.
    The opposite is also possible; I wouldn't like to right click a robe of thebes or a sheep of rome by mistake and buy them without a second check or option to sell back at the same price.

4. frogs.poison

frogs.poison Immortal

I believe that if you hold down a modifier, i think left control key, it'll give you a pop-up to ask if you are sure you want to buy it.

I think you can change the hotkey for it too directly to right-click, so you can hold down control when you want to sell fast, but otherwise it'll ask you if you want to sell/buy item.

purpleganja likes this.
  5. tapiruss

tapiruss Villager

Today I managed to destroy days of collecting mats for Zahhak sword. Lost more than 8k of blackwood by mistake. I thought my empire vault was open and I started to right click on my mats and vendored them.. Managed to save 8k of meteoric iron by undo, but blackwood is gone lol.
    Not a rant, just sharing my stupid mistake with you guys :)

6. Slyrevick

Slyrevick Hippikon

i also lost some material by being disconnected when i was moving them.

probably impossible to anticipate

7. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Exactly the kind of mistake we should be able to avoid if making the vendor system back to how it was before. It's REALLY frustrating when this happen and an easy mistake to make since you right-click stuff both to vault and to vendor.

tapiruss likes this.
  8. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

I didn't know until today, and still don't know when it happened - but this is now fixed.

I just reveresed 13 vendored items when I saw it was more than one, dunno if that's the limit, but you can now regret your vendoring with more than one item.

I've heard that it resets ASAP you log out and in again, but that's same as it was in old system. So this is good enough.

TY Celeste Team <3

#7 ByFstugan, Mar 25, 2022 at 10:00 PM
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2022
  9. Donar

Donar Berserker

Thx celeste team! But i figured out if you play at Moe's it seems to have a limit, or gets bugged if you sell too many items (will stop to get to the last items sold at a certain point)

10. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

So, it forgets all objects sold after a certain number then - or do you mean it can only store a certain number? Is it cut from the first sold item or last sold when max number is reached?

If it's the later I guess it's only relevant when using Moe's and that you can "solve" that by relogging when you know all you sold is crap.

11. Donar

Donar Berserker

it can only store a certain number and stops at r last sold item when max number is reached

12. ByFstugan

ByFstugan Immortal

Good to know - this one is fixed so we now can do buy-backs if we sell items by mistake. As far as I've know it just works as long as we are on the same session, so if we log out/change civ it will be forgotten - or something like that.

Donar likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice