Buildings not profiting from armory upgrades

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Adnidireilasar, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Adnidireilasar

Adnidireilasar Spearman

I think buildings such as forts, towers and town centers should profit from the armory pierce damage upgrades, but the damage number displayed in the unit sheet does not change.

2. Loading...

3. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

The armory upgrades state that they affect only military units. They are not designed to affect forts, towers, or town centers. If we changed that, it would obviously buff buildings/defenses quite a bit. I am not sure whether it would negatively impact balance and gameplay.

Francis Lussier likes this.
  4. Adnidireilasar

Adnidireilasar Spearman

I'm not 100% sure anymore how it was back in the days, but I thought they were affected (in PvE at least, I have never been into PvP)

If it was this way around, then my apologies

5. Francis Lussier

Francis Lussier Woad Raider

Forts, towers and town centers are affected by the range dmg upgrade in the blacksmith
    But I do not believe they benefit from the defence upgrades from the blacksmith because it wouldn't make any sense. (they ain't units...)

It would of course be more friendly user if all the building upgrades were separately be in a university like in AoE2, but that's a big change to the tech tree and the whole game

6. Adnidireilasar

Adnidireilasar Spearman

Yes, exactly, I thought the pierce aka. ranged damage upgrades applied back in the day, but not the resistance upgrades.

7. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I am not sure they did. I checked the wiki, which has information from 2011-2014, and didnt see it there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice