Battle of Thymbra: Egyptians bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by t31os, May 4, 2018.

1. t31os

t31os Berserker

I'm unable to reach Age 4 as Egypt in this quest(regular one, part of the Assist Persia questline), building the Temple of Ptah does nothing, the civ remains in Age 3. Not sure if it's a one off bug as i only have one Egyptian civ(and eles rule, even in age 3), naturally. I've finished this quest with Babs, Celts and Norse without encountering any issue reaching Age 4.

2. Loading...

3. Twowords

Twowords Woad Raider

You have to build the Temple of Ra first, then Set, then Ptah.

4. t31os

t31os Berserker

I'm well aware of that, i'm not a new player.

5. Twowords

Twowords Woad Raider

Sorry for mentioning something that I thought might be helpful. I'll make sure to not offer advice to you again.

6. t31os

t31os Berserker

You may actually be on to something, the quest starts you off in age 3 and whilst other quests don't usually require you to cycle through the age up temples (because they're already placed on the map for you), that may actually be the issue, as in this case you start without any buildings(and thus temples).

Assuming that's the problem(and i can't test to see if it resolves the problem now), it does leave Egypt at a disvantage for that quest(spending resources on age up buildings you don't need, but do to workaround the bug).

7. musictopia

musictopia Game Developer

The next update will fix that. I was going to place those buildings. However, the update will also use the same grouping as marion so no more tech for building your base anymore. I already posted the update to fix this plus many other things. I don't know when that update will happen though.

8. t31os

t31os Berserker

It's no big deal, might stiff Egypt on the leg version of the quest a bit(assuming the problem is present there to), but otherwise it's a minor inconvenience, nothing most people can't work around.

I appreciate new quests, just wanted to make sure the bug/issue was known, so it can be addressed. :)

Did you design the Holy Man quest musictopia? Any tips for doing the leg one solo? Can't establish myself fast enough to survive.

9. musictopia

musictopia Game Developer

If you send me a private message, I can discuss further about the holy man. Andypierce designed the scenario but i actually did the programming and the balance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice