Battle of Opis bug ???

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Michael Piluso, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Michael Piluso

Michael Piluso Long Swordsman

I just completed the "Assist Persia" quest-line in Tarsos. It has 4 sub-quests. I don't remember it from the original game but I was rarely in Tarsos anyway then. The last sub-quest is "Battle of Opis". It's listed initially as a level 24 quest but it doesn't play that way. No matter how many thousands of units and dozens of buildings I killed, the AI spammed new units constantly. Furthermore, well over 100 of these units were elite, many with over 2,000 hitpoints. Add to that the fact that you cannot direct-assault the base but have to go over narrow bridges and through deep canyons where chariot archers and priests harass you from above. After 5 hours on Saturday, I gave up. After 4 more hours on Sunday, I finally won, but barely. Then I was given a new Quest "Conquer the Rivals of Cyrus the Great" which asks you to do the quests all over again. Now "Battle of Opis" is listed as level 40. I'm convinced that it was always playing as level 40, even when it was listed as level 24. For players who haven't played this quest before, I would ask the devs to check the AI and see if there's a glitch. My Greeks were level 40 (my gear-score is still low), but this was way too much of a slug-fest for a quest listed as level 24.

#1 Michael Piluso, Jan 14, 2019 at 3:07 PM
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  2. Loading...

3. Wartai

Wartai Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

These quests were added to the game, Im sure this is the way it was designed..
    When I first played them, it was difficult until I worked out a strategy.
    If you want more info, you can join our Discord and ask a question in the #talk-pve channel
    You will get answer quicker ..

https://discord.gg/YbkZ9GZ

4. rtsgamer

rtsgamer Immortal

hi mate,
    i have unlocked most of my tarsos lines, opis is same (diffuculty) like some of the quests from athens line. i didnt even checked the level, but its definately harder than lvl24.

But u can stil play it out easy.
    Some TCs, eco up and then u have to kill first boats on the coast to make more free room for ur carawans.
    When u re safe and ur resources income fine;
    palis / priests and ur main unit and rightclick on enemy/buildings, also is a special unit (bowman) available for u, on ur fort, can be helpful. U should convert other vils on your way and built up new forward bases, makes u faster. thats it. u should be able to finish the quest "within 1hour" at least. Surely depends on units and on ur gameplay.

greetz / hf & gl

5. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

They actually let you get to Age IV and 80% of econ going b4 a few weak attacks as RTS says it

once you got space you can spam too .. I have completed it in all civs .. 24 ?? well I will nvr know I was past 24 ..
    Now the Leg without Siege ... well that is a real Challenge ... :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice