Arena Quests, Easy-to-Generate Filler Quests, And Other Things

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ardeshir, May 7, 2019.

1. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

Hey folks,
    First off I want to say congratulations and thank you for RotW. I am really keen to see future announcements on questpacks, and your additions of full-scale zones for questing during the summer event, and I'm sure the other events later on down the track. I think the addition of new places and stories really helps with the immersion aspect of PvE. I've written this as someone who does appreciate this, but sees a need for more reasons to go around the world map, for more repeatables before legendaries, and for using questing to entice using the other modes of gameplay, and I want to tackle this in this thread instead of across 6 threads.

Arena Quests, PvP Questing Expansion
    I've talked a bit already on forums about wanting to extend the scope of questing and repeatable questing, and for the Arena, Sparta, and Cyprus regions in particular to have their content fleshed out further along with whatever awesome new places the devs want to take us.

First off I want to talk about Arena. Currently, if you don't care for ratings, Sparta is arena but you get paid, and feel like you're questing to an extent. Right now I feel like with the unranked queue system gone, everyone just plays ranked or doesn't PvP. Adding the same repeatable quests sparta currently has to the arena (with scaled down rewards?) even without the per-game reward would incentivise people to actually give it a go, and beyond the first quest are all based off play-time and can't be abused.

As for Sparta, or new additions to both it and Arena, I think there could also be a (repeatable?) quest for playing a game on each of the maps in the pvp pool, or splitting it up into 2-3 quests to cover it as its getting quite big with all the sick new maps. Other additions include quests to win 3/5 games, or play 5/10 games, or play for 3 hours in a given day. (might be able to add these to cyprus too)

Another thing I thought of, one-time quests for lots of wins in sparta and arena just like the one for cyprus. And add more of them for 500 and 1000 for all 3 modes. Can make the reward statue just a recolour and/or with minor cosmetic changes rather than a completely new model.

Easy-to-Generate Quests
    Now this isn't a suggestion for ALL future quest design by any means. I think that instead of having to make quests from the ground-up for the old regions, which would take a huge amount of work, you could look at having quests and quest chains that are games vs an ai on a map from the pvp/skirmish pool (with maybe some building or unit advantages at the start for the ai, and an appropriate personality). These would be just like playing against a skirmish ai set at a given level, or like the current quests that involve playing vs an ai with your items mirrored. Of course, the maps that these are played on should be of the most appropriate tileset to fit the theme.

This way you could be able to draw up a whole bunch of new quests for the old regions faster, and look at vastly scaling up the amount of repeatable quests for pre-legendary players without quite as much work as a full-scale expansion like RotW. Of course, it would be something to use as "filler", as I'm sure many players do appreciate the unique quest maps featured in both old and new content.

Keeping in mind, these quests may also be extremely appropriate for use in Sparta and Cyprus, in order to create immersion through quests, while playing map formats just like how they are in the zone's content.

Some examplesI have for where the repeatables can be implemented in PvE zones are:
    Home city or civilization's first quest hub:
    A repeatable quest vs an ai of a civ of your faction at 5 (or 23 for premium)
    A repeatable quest vs an ai of a civ of your faction at 10 for the basic civs and 25 for the premium
    A repeatable quest vs an ai of a civ of your faction at 20 for the basic civs and 30 for the premium
    Argos:
    A repeatable quest vs a greek ai in the 20s
    Athens:
    A repeatable quest vs a greek ai in the 30s
    Babylon:
    A repeatable quest vs a Babylonian ai in the 20s
    Northern Hold:
    A repeatable quest vs a Norse ai in the 20s
    Tarsos:
    A repeatable quest vs a persian ai in the 30s
    Urd:
    A repeatable quest vs a Norse ai in the 30s
    As a bit of an idea on what could be done with the current zones. Even minor zones like Massalia, Libya, Mycenae, and so on from the old content could get a suitable one. Or even a quest chain of 3 or 4 non repeatables.

Ideally I would like to have two new repeatables at 5,10,20,30,40 each out in the world somewhere, and a couple to do from either my home city or original quest hub. As well as a few non-repeatables sprinkled across the world's various cities.

Speaking of using this for non-repeatables, I think that both Sparta and Cyprus could do with entire quest chains, followed by some repeatables, made up of these skirmish-styled quests. Would go well with adding new quests for PvP games themselves. And it can actually get the zones involved in normal questing. Consider it the easiest quest pack you can make :p

Other:
    Crete Heroic Hour and Cyprus Heroic Hour. Can be only 1.5x gold/xp for Cyprus if need be.

Let threads in News and the PvE Challenges/Tournaments and PvP Challenges/Tournaments appear in the new posts section.

#1 Ardeshir, May 7, 2019 at 12:31 PM
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  2. Loading...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice