Alliance material donation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by t31os, Apr 4, 2018.

1. t31os

t31os Berserker

Hey team,

Not sure quite where alliance wars are on the roadmap for you guys, but something i've recently noted regarding balance for material donations in the different alliances make the options for which materials you can donate to one alliance(Cathage) much more time efficient, more convenient and heavily give them an advantage in the alliance wars on resource donations.

And whilst donations to the one alliance that get the worst end of the stick (Delos) being required to 1000 common materials does net them a measly extra 1 EP per donation, the amount of time needed for the different materials for the different alliances don't add up.

In the event alliance wars did ever return it would be much easier for Cathage and Farafra to outscore Delos, just on resource donations alone because the time required to create the materials is heavily unfavorable toward Delos, and most favorable for Cathage.

Here are the numbers, so it can help illustrate what i'm talking about.

Firstly, crafting time for materials:

White/Common: 15 mins (per 1 material)
    Green/Uncommon: 30 mins (per 1 material)
    Blue/Rare: 2 hours (per 1 material)

Cathage Donations:
    Olive Oil x 300
    Concrete Blocks x 50
    Ebony Planks x 50
    Fine Leathers x 50
    Iron Ingots x 50
    Spices x 50

300x30 = 9000 mins
    250x120 = 30000 mins

Total: 39000 minutes of crafting time

Delos Donations:
    Animal Hides x 1000
    Copper Ingots x 1000
    Grain x 1000
    Pine Planks x 1000
    Stone Blocks x 1000
    Garnets x 150
    Resin Vials x 150

5000x15 = 75000
    300x30 = 9000

Total: 84000 minutes of crafting time

Farafra Donations:
    Scrolls of Lore x 150
    Wool Cloth x 150
    Work Tools x 150
    Bronze Ingots x 300
    Granite Blocks x 300
    Leather x 300
    Oak Planks x 300

450+1200x30 = 49500

Total: 49500 minutes of crafting time

Cathage: 39000
    Delos: 84000
    Farafra: 49500

One way to rebalance this a bit would be to half the common(white) material cost and reduce the EP reward to 4(instead of 5), this would leave things as so.

Cathage: 39000
    Delos: 46500
    Farafra: 49500

This still leaves balance in favour of Cathage and stiffs Farafra, but brings the numbers closer. Ultimately i'd prefer to see every alliance have a blend of the different material rarities, so one alliance isn't a clear number 1 choice for material donations(convenience makes them a clear choice), but for now a rebalance of the numbers wouldn't go amiss.

Something for your consideration anyway. :)

2. Loading...

3. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nicely explained sir.
    I blame Luciano and his dark side infatuation with Carthage kappa. Lol. Good to know if they do bring back alliance wars thst will need balancing. I hope they do.

4. Daveke80

Daveke80 Spearman

I think they balanced it for now, how the situation is now.
    So people don't have 100k EP
    I think they will change it to the original manner, if alliance wars come back (logical thought at least)

5. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

The Alliance Wars isn't works now. This means no matter where are you change your materials to EP. Only the EP income matter.
    So I recommand to produce 2 Rare materials (Ebony Plank, Concrete Blocks or other.) in 4-4 workshops per civ. You can produce 336-336 per week per civ. Next week you can change them to 4-4EP in Carthage in 6 days. 48EP per week per civ. 288EP in total!
    If you produce Uncommon Materials in 4-4 workshops you will get 1344-1344 Olive Oil or Bronze Ingots or others. Next week you can change 300 of them to 4-4EP in 4 days. Its just 32EP per civ, 192 in total!
    Producing Common materials is the worst choice. If you produce Pine Planks in 8 workshops you will get 5376 per week per civ. You can change it 5EP in 5 days. Its 25EP per week per civ, 150EP in total!

6. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think T31os is aware. His post was more informative of an unbalance between the alliances in the event that they reintroduce the war.

7. Kulcsos12

Kulcsos12 Hippikon

Yes, I know. But in old times all materials was available in all 3 Alliance Cities. This means no matter what Alliance were you chose.

8. t31os

t31os Berserker

Indeed i am, was just highlighting some balance issues with material donations in advance of alliance wars returning so if the devs have the means and desire to make some changes on that front, they'll hopefully do so before implementing alliance wars again.

It might also be nice to expand the donations to include some of the lesser used (used in a small fraction of recipes compared to others) epic materials like fox fur, honey, obsidian and guayacan.

I don't recall that ever being in the game, materials have only as far as i remember been available via two means(excluding random drops and trade), craft and store purchases in specific regions, eg. Cyprus sells rare materials.

9. Daveke80

Daveke80 Spearman

He means, that in the original, all material quests were available for every alliance, so for ALL materials you had the quests. Not like now, every alliance different quests

10. Jeinx

Jeinx Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think Carthage and Imhotep need the advantage. Because Delos would crush them anyway ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice