1 suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by phasesieben, Jan 6, 2018.

?

Would you people like this idea, or not?

1. Yeah! I'd like it :)

2. Meh! I don't like this idea :(

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. phasesieben

phasesieben Villager

Hello dear dev's :)

first of all: I wish you a happy new year and I want to thank you for bringing this gem back to life! You did a great job so far.
    Nevertheless I have a suggestion, you may think about. As you can remember, back in time you were allowed to play celts, greek and egypts without buying it (non-premium), but with a few limitations. Using only green gear/consumables/advisors, having only 2/1 workshops etc.
    I have the feeling some of us are just got bored and have already collected the most suitable gear for their civ's. If you bring back these 3 cultures as limited versions in addition to the regular civilisations, there is a new challenge for those bored people. In addition green items gain value again and will be traded on the market. Currently there is no use for these items. I am not familiar with coding, but I guess, this is more or less easy to implement.

2. Loading...

3. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Presently all six civs are fully available. I am not sure how we could go backwards and limit that without people getting angry.

As for the obsolete gear, there isn't much way to deal with it. The game just has way too many common and uncommon items. Players graduate to Epic and Legendary stuff pretty quickly. Rather than try to improve the market by improving those old items, new Legendary items have been introduced. I think that has helped.

4. phasesieben

phasesieben Villager

What I meant is: To allow 2 celtic- egyptian and greek cities per account (choseable in the logon-screen --> 9 instead of 6 cities)
    But the additional cities (maximal 1 per civ) have those limitations, I mentioned.

5. Adnidireilasar

Adnidireilasar Spearman

You can always limit yourself to only use up to uncommon gear, if you want to have this challenge

Kulcsos12 likes this.
  6. Wololoo

Wololoo Champion

Some while ago when waiting for Microsoft servers during maintenance times, I put together a spreadsheet listing all the gear in the game. I've since added the 19 new legendary gear from the Athens quests.

Summary statistics:
    Legendary items 101
    Epic items 377
    Rare Items 601
    Uncommon items 449
    Total count of gear that can be equipped: 1528.

This count includes:
    Starting Pro civ. gear,
    Gear from the various game stores,
    Gear only obtainable as quest rewards,
    Gear from chests.

So yes Andy, there is a whole lot of obsolete gear especially once you've reached lvl 40.

Andy P XIII likes this.
  7. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

There sure is a lot. As referenced above, the game was quite different at launch than it was even a year later. The game was originally envisioned to have lots of civs needing access to lots of low-level, low-tier gear. But shortly after launch, the Devs adjusted things to both (1) expand access to rare, epic, and legendary items (which were originally trapped behind steep paywalls) and (2) rapidly decrease the time it took to get to Level 40.

These changes were well received, and I think the game ended up improving dramatically. But it did result in an absolute glut of obsolete low level gear.

As we move the game forward, we need to find the best targets for development. There are only so many developers with so much free time, etc. I am not sure there is an easy way to improve the existing gear. I would just as well see other areas of the game expand.

8. phasesieben

phasesieben Villager

I dont want a personal challenge. I don't even have all civ's on lvl40. I just want to attain, that green gear is awesome and fancy again, instead of being super useless and disappointing for everyone.
    It is not going backwards, as Andy said, because everyone get additional cities.

9. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Creating these alternate versions of civs that are constrained by gear rules may be a good idea, but I'm just not convinced enough people would want them to warrant the effort necessary to finish that kind of project. If there was enough interest, I am sure it could be done. I know I am personally not really interested in having 3 duplicate civs.

10. Adnidireilasar

Adnidireilasar Spearman

Well, as long as you get to pick one extra milestone for each of those cities... :p

11. NCSGeek

NCSGeek Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

New to the conversation on this one, but im not sure that this would do alot of good. Either that, or the ratio of how much effort it'd take (not that effort is necessarily a huge problem) is disproportional to the amount of good it'd do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice