Can you make the workshop limit be per account instead of per civ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daktush, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Daktush

Daktush Spearman

I'm reasonably new to the game, and I've been setting up production so I don't have to buy resources each time I need to use any, and to have a trickle of gold coming in from selling resources in the shop to spend on whatever I want

As it stands now each of the 6 civilizations has a limit of 8 basic workshops and 2 advanced ones. Is it possible to instead make it so your whole account can have 48 basic workshops and 12 advanced workshops distributed however you want in your civs?

It would be a QoL change - it would allow players to have only 1 resource production civ and still produce efficiently instead of having to log out and in again multiple times.

2. Loading...

3. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

Because it would dramatically change the entire way the original developers designed crafting, I cannot imagine we would do something like this. We don't like taking giant risks with settled systems. If we did this, for instance, demand for materials recipes would immediately be reduced to one-sixth the demand we now face.

Exclusive0r, Daktush and Ardeshir like this.
  4. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

It has big ramifications to other aspects of the game like Andy said, and suddenly recipe droprates of the recipes need to be nerfed, and other things need to be added for people to seek after to trade for earlygame gold.

It isn't worth doing without a rather big overhaul of crafting and/or the lootboxes at the same time, so it's going to be something that even if considered, wouldn't bear results for like a year

Exclusive0r likes this.
  5. Daktush

Daktush Spearman

Yeah recipes would be the one thing that this change would affect - maybe an alternative to changing drop rates and nerf recipes would be limiting the amount of workshops per civ (max being 8 stonemasons, loggers etc.. and 2 of each advanced workshop).

Alternatively - maybe you can add an option to workshops to produce directly to a special inventory in another civ?

In any case - I'd appreciate a qol change like that, cheers

Exclusive0r likes this.
  6. Andy P XIII

Andy P XIII Moderator

I’m not sure if it goes far enough for you but one QoL change we made to crafting was to add legendary crafting recipes and seasonal event quests to turn in epic materials. These dramatically increased the value of crafting epic mats so you only need to check cities once every 24 days or so.

#5 Andy P XIII, Nov 23, 2019 at 3:53 PM
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Exclusive0r, Daktush and Ardeshir like this.
  7. Daktush

Daktush Spearman

I'll work on crafting only materials that take longer to complete then! - I've gotten a couple recipees since starting this post, checking once per 3 weeks doesn't sound bad at all - ty

Exclusive0r, Ardeshir and Andy P XIII like this.
  8. Exclusive0r

Exclusive0r Immortal

I am glad you changed your mind, a subtle part of the game is choosing that which you wanted to change. But I have a tip , we get free access to the global storehouse vault , or we can email to ourselves ... so moving stuff between civs is a easy thing to do. (Celts are the only metalworkers ) so with an excell spread sheet and big of planning (strategy part of game ) you can set up your civs to max your crafting. Also you can flip buildings and save them them so really we all have virtual crafting possibilities ... my greeks have changed their crafting building more times than Trump has told porkies :):)
    and we have the GM to buy / sell stuff
    So Im glad you changed your mind

Ardeshir likes this.
  9. Ardeshir

Ardeshir Immortal

big foreign fan of orange man and this cracked me up hahaha

Exclusive0r likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice